OT Jimmy Fritzsche [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

60 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Fritzsche commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, funhusker said:

Out of curiosity, how do coaches present a "non-committable " offer to a kid?

"Hey, we really want you in our program.  But give us a few weeks to see if we can find someone we would rather have..."  :dunno

I just don't see how that could go over well in a lot of situations.  Glad I don't have to recruit!

I’d imagine that your pretty spot on.  However I think he has a commitable offer if they are allowing him to sign on Wednesday.  

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Out of curiosity, how do coaches present a "non-committable " offer to a kid?

"Hey, we really want you in our program.  But give us a few weeks to see if we can find someone we would rather have..."  :dunno

I just don't see how that could go over well in a lot of situations.  Glad I don't have to recruit!

Yeah, I can see how it would be an awkward situation. I'd say honesty would be the best way to handle it. Just let them know, hey we like you, but you're not the top guy on our board right now.

Between my Junior, and Senior years of HS I went to a summer basketball camp at a local (small) D1 school. I thought I had a good two days, and at the end of it one of the assistant coaches came up to me and flat out said, "You've got a nice skill set, but you're just not a good enough athlete to play at this level." It hurt the ol' pride, but he was right.

• Plus1 1

• Mavric changed the title to OT Jimmy Fritzsche [Nebraska - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric pinned this topic