OT Jimmy Fritzsche [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

60 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Fritzsche commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

11 minutes ago, ArkanSkers said:

I don’t blame him one bit for going to his dream school.

They are trying to hold him as a backup option....How would you feel if Nebraska offered you a scholarship but said well you just take your time we dont want to to sign next week....we want you to sign in a couple months instead and have you take your time.....he is plan C most likely based on the way in which Clemson recruits. It would kind of rub me the wrong way if I were him. 

• Plus1 1

My take on what we should do.

Keep tabs on the kid and have his plan B ready. If he goes to Clemson we get the plan B OR fill his spot with an equal or better talent before he can commit to us in February because we won't wait around. However, if Clemson were to move on he would be ours in a heartbeat if we still need him. It was stated earlier in here but it is tough to pull a kid from his dream school if they have a spot for him. It just goes to show how well this staff knows how to find talent from anywhere in the country. 

My opinion is, this is a prime example of why the early signing period is important for both programs and Recruits. 

Clemson needs to s#!t or get off the pot with the kid. Offer him a commitable offer or move on. 

Now, if the kid wants to risk not having a spot in February from us, fine....but we know better where we stand after this week. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
35 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

My opinion is, this is a prime example of why the early signing period is important for both programs and Recruits. 

Clemson needs to s#!t or get off the pot with the kid. Offer him a commitable offer or move on. 

Now, if the kid wants to risk not having a spot in February from us, fine....but we know better where we stand after this week. 

I remember we were in on Isaiah Simmons several years ago and he was about 90% committed to us till the last week and Clemson swooped in and poached him.  We were left scrambling for leftovers. At least now the "homecoming queen" can't spoil your day when she dumps you and picks the school jock and leaves you with no time to get a date. 

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

If I'm him I give Clemson an ultimatum, either take me now or I go to Nebraska. Giving Clemson a month and a half to try to recruit over him is a great way to get left out in the cold. 

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Not sure if it changed when the early signing day did, but can Clemson disregard him at some point if he signs in the next couple days?

No, once you sign you're good.  There was talk that he might not sign as Clemson said they're not pushing him to sign now so if he doesn't sign now Clemson might take someone else before he can sign in February but if he signs this week he's set.

5 minutes ago, Mavric said:

No, once you sign you're good.  There was talk that he might not sign as Clemson said they're not pushing him to sign now so if he doesn't sign now Clemson might take someone else before he can sign in February but if he signs this week he's set.

Is Clemson supposedly going to allow him to sign this week?

45 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Is Clemson supposedly going to allow him to sign this week?

That's the story.  We were supposedly the ones who said if he didn't sign this week we didn't have a spot for him.  Clemson said that he didn't necessarily have to sign now - he could wait until February.  But the story is they would still let him sign this week.

So the risk he would run by not signing this week is we don't hold a spot for him and Clemson finds someone they like better between now and February.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to OT Jimmy Fritzsche [Nebraska - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric pinned this topic