Greta Van Fleet

I'm in the camp that likes em for sure. I'm not sure what drives such vile hatred of them, a la the Pitchfork "review" of their debut album. The big complaint I hear is that they "ripoff" Led Zeppelin, which might be one of the dumbest arguments I've ever heard when you consider that Led Zeppelin's entire career is based on stealing other people's music and sound. 

Do they have the most original sound ever? No. But for the generation they come from, I'd actually argue that they do. Given the profoundly sh!tty music that is dominating the airwaves today, I'd take a bluesy rock band with a Robert Plant/Geddy Lee-esque singer any day. There's far worse things than sounding like one of the greatest rock bands of all time. 

• Plus1 2

I love what I've heard from this band so far. I haven't read any reviews about them, I just hear their songs on the radio and Pandora and dig it.

I don't find very much new music these days that appeals to me, but these guys certainly caught my attention. I am a huge Led Zeppelin fan, by the way, my favorite band ever. It doesn't bother me in the slightest that these guys sound like them. I don't consider it a Zep ripoff, I consider it refreshing that I am able to hear this sound in new material.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Ulty said:

I love what I've heard from this band so far. I haven't read any reviews about them, I just hear their songs on the radio and Pandora and dig it.

I don't find very much new music these days that appeals to me, but these guys certainly caught my attention. I am a huge Led Zeppelin fan, by the way, my favorite band ever. It doesn't bother me in the slightest that these guys sound like them. I don't consider it a Zep ripoff, I consider it refreshing that I am able to hear this sound in new material.

I wish more folks felt the way you do. 

Additionally, this vid takes a pretty good look at them and the Zep stuff

2 hours ago, GSG said:

IDK ABOUT THE BAND, BUT IF YOU'RE EVERY IN FRANKENMUTH, MICHIGAN (WHERE THEY'RE FROM) CHECK OUT THE BREWERIES (AND IF IT'S IN SEASON GET SOME CHRISTMAS TOWN ALE)

Christmas Ale is the s#!t. Was just in Frankenmuth 2 weeks ago, good wine too!

Been listening to these guys for over a year here on the radio in Michigan. They're pretty talented. Yeah they sound like Zepplin, but they know how to rock in an age we're it's a lost art form.

• Plus1 1

On 11/2/2018 at 11:08 AM, Fru said:

I'm in the camp that likes em for sure. I'm not sure what drives such vile hatred of them, a la the Pitchfork "review" of their debut album. The big complaint I hear is that they "ripoff" Led Zeppelin, which might be one of the dumbest arguments I've ever heard when you consider that Led Zeppelin's entire career is based on stealing other people's music and sound. 

Do they have the most original sound ever? No. But for the generation they come from, I'd actually argue that they do. Given the profoundly sh!tty music that is dominating the airwaves today, I'd take a bluesy rock band with a Robert Plant/Geddy Lee-esque singer any day. There's far worse things than sounding like one of the greatest rock bands of all time. 

There might not have ever been a more overrated band that LZ...with that said anyone who gets into music for any reasons other than to get laid and make money is a moron...so more power to them!  

• Plus1 1