Special Teams

14 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

In fact, whoever is hiding behind the emojis are cowards and have been cowards all their lives. Prove me wrong and tell me who you are...COWARD(s).

Just asking for a friend - Is it worse to hide behind an Emoji or behind a screen name?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, lo country said:

I understand the trophy, laughing face, and plus one..The two rolly eyes and maybe teary eyed/crying not so sure.  I figure one  rolling eye emoji is the "whatever" or idiot one.  Not sure of the other.........

That was me that gave you the confused look. I'm not sure either.

I honestly do not mind people not agreeing with my opinion. That is what the board is for, some people might agree and some people might disagree. However, expressing your thoughts is much better than hiding behind a stupid emoji that means absolutely nothing. It is just a lazy way of being annoying. If it were up to me, I would limit them to either agree or disagree and eliminate emojis that mean nothing. I also think that showing the screen name of the person who leaves the emoji will eliminate the problem. A lot of posters will be hesitant to leave meaningless emojis if the6 knew that their screen name is associated with those emojis.

As to you our unspecial teams play, people say that there has been improvement yet every announcer on TV including our head coach said that our special teams play needs to improve significantly. So, how can you actually believe that we have improved is a mystery to me. The last game showed that we declined if anything.

9 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

As to you our unspecial teams play, people say that there has been improvement yet every announcer on TV including our head coach said that our special teams play needs to improve significantly. So, how can you actually believe that we have improved is a mystery to me. The last game showed that we declined if anything.

NU’s special teams had been improving, but yesterday was a step back. Armstrong punted like a walk-on punter who probably should be a back-up, there was the punt block (which looked like a bad miscommunication between Mazour and the left blocker in the backfield) and the return game was non-existent. It wasn’t a good game for the ST.

It's essentially a downvote, lots of sites have them. I, personally, don't care for these like/dislike systems, but I'm also never going to post to make everyone happy, so I really don't care. If you're making everyone happy every time you post, you probably weren't posting anything of substance.

If it bothers you so much, the Internet is probably not for you. Someone could post the secret to life on the Internet and someone else would downvote it.

18 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Those two things are not mutually exclusive.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, brophog said:

It's essentially a downvote, lots of sites have them. I, personally, don't care for these like/dislike systems, but I'm also never going to post to make everyone happy, so I really don't care. If you're making everyone happy every time you post, you probably weren't posting anything of substance.

If it bothers you so much, the Internet is probably not for you. Someone could post the secret to life on the Internet and someone else would downvote it.

Yep.  Post what you want.  If folks don't like it, oh well.