Obligatory "Is Iowa a Rival" Thread

Mavric

Rivalry Week?  

200 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 9/30/2023 at 4:42 PM, CyHawk said:

Sellout streak? Every kick/punt shows the top level of the stadium half full at best. Yea, technically the tickets were probably sold to some rich alumni, but when will the sellout farce stop?

Northern Illinois before kickoff:

image.png

Louisiana Tech before kickoff:

image.png

image.png

Michigan before kickoff:

image.png

• Plus1 2

He is talking about the student section, where students either cram down towards the bottom or leave to go drink at half time and don't come back.  Mainly because their seats suck.

That has been that way for as long as I can remember even back to the glory days.

• Plus1 1
On 10/2/2023 at 1:30 AM, Lorewarn said:

Northern Illinois before kickoff:

image.png

Louisiana Tech before kickoff:

image.png

image.png

Michigan before kickoff:

image.png

Can't you see that giant empty rectangle on the 20 yard line??? That's all the proof we need that the sellout streak is a scam!

• Haha 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1

Regardless if there’s a butt in every single seat for every single second of every single game, we’re in an era when all teams at all levels are finding it difficult to get people in the stadium. Neb’s attendance is still incredible and unmatched. 

That being said, I’ll never understand why random B1G fans are so preoccupied with the sellout streak. 

• Plus1 3

CyHawk isn't really worth your time, folks. He's on an involuntary vacation right now and has a documented history of trolling the board.

The reality is that, despite how people like him act or what they might claim, they're still preoccupied by Nebraska football after all these years. The only reason an opposing team's fan would pick fights about the sellout streak on a Husker message board is because they're getting some enjoyment out of it. It's also likely that he's actually jealous/frustrated about the streak, even though it has nothing to do with him.

• Thanks 4
1 hour ago, Enhance said:

CyHawk isn't really with your time, folks. He's on an involuntary vacation right now and has a documented history of trolling the board.

The reality is that, despite how people like him act or what they might claim, they're still preoccupied by Nebraska football after all these years. The only reason an opposing team's fan would pick fights about the sellout streak on a Husker message board is because they're getting some enjoyment out of it. It's also likely that he's actually jealous/frustrated about the streak, even though it has nothing to do with him.

Enhance, always killing the fun...

CyHawk is obviously a confused individual given the screen name, but they're probably upset that the Ferentz family continues to make those poor sick kids suffer by watching the abomination known as the Iowa offense.

• TBH 2
13 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Enhance, always killing the fun...

CyHawk is obviously a confused individual given the screen name, but they're probably upset that the Ferentz family continues to make those poor sick kids suffer by watching the abomination known as the Iowa offense.

I don't mind some back-and-forth with opposing fans.  It adds some fun to the mix.

I don't remember CyHawk being such an obnoxious troll as he's been the past few months.  Maybe I'm just getting old and crusty but it just seemed like he'd gone to a new level lately.  It wasn't just some good-natured teasing.  It was repeated the same, tired lines over and over.

Some jabs back and forth is fine.  Trying to find every opportunity to kick someone while they're down and throw gas on the fire, not so much.

• TBH 6
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

I don't mind some back-and-forth with opposing fans.  It adds some fun to the mix.

I don't remember CyHawk being such an obnoxious troll as he's been the past few months.  Maybe I'm just getting old and crusty but it just seemed like he'd gone to a new level lately.  It wasn't just some good-natured teasing.  It was repeated the same, tired lines over and over.

Some jabs back and forth is fine.  Trying to find every opportunity to kick someone while they're down and throw gas on the fire, not so much.

Agreed 100%. Not sure what happened there, but dude became a d!(k.

• TBH 1

On 10/3/2023 at 7:37 AM, Savage Husker said:

Student section should roll out a giant “1-800-BETS-OFF” poster for Iowa. Surprised that hasn’t happened yet anyway.

There is a big banner ad spot in the endzone and it keeps having an add for if you have gambling problems call this number.  We are always joking that they need to post pictures of that in the locker room.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2