48 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yes...the connections made at that place are what makes it worth it.  

It is sort of like a Fraternity for sure. I don't think I would pay for my kids to go there if they got in. They would be welcome to figure it out for themselves. 

8 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Depends on what degree you are getting. 

Yeah. Is a degree in philosophy or counseling from there, worth the debt.

• TBH 1
29 minutes ago, nic said:

It is sort of like a Fraternity for sure. I don't think I would pay for my kids to go there if they got in. They would be welcome to figure it out for themselves. 

Yeah. Is a degree in philosophy or counseling from there, worth the debt.

Well, that philosophy degree probably means you are going into law or looking to become a professor.  Both really nice professions.

Counseling, I guess it would depend on what you plan on doing.

But yeah, the debt, if you are not getting it paid for somehow, is unreal. 

• Plus1 1

Harvard and all schools like it literally charge you a percent of your parents income.  Every year we have to fill out a CSS profile.  It is like the Fafsa on steroids.  The more you make, the more you pay.  The FAFSA usually produces some number that means nothing to how much financial aid you get unless you are below the poverty line.  The school my son goes to, uses that number to determine grant money.  My son gets a certain amount of money a year in institutional grant money.  That is all he gets.  It is not broken down into smaller scholarships.  

https://cssprofile.collegeboard.org/

• Plus1 1
30 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

Harvard and all schools like it literally charge you a percent of your parents income.  Every year we have to fill out a CSS profile.  It is like the Fafsa on steroids.  The more you make, the more you pay.  The FAFSA usually produces some number that means nothing to how much financial aid you get unless you are below the poverty line.  The school my son goes to, uses that number to determine grant money.  My son gets a certain amount of money a year in institutional grant money.  That is all he gets.  It is not broken down into smaller scholarships.  

https://cssprofile.collegeboard.org/

I’ve never done the CSS. But, FAFSA was a joke. 

Looks like Business Insider and those in the HES trying to out his wife, have opened up a scorched earth Bill Ackman and this should be fun.   He has the monetary resources to pay the meticulous researchers to find whatever he is looking for.  

• Plus1 2
  • 2 weeks later...