Replacements for Miles

5 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I had to google him because I had no idea who he is...guessing 90% of the fanbase would do the same thing. That hire doesnt match our fan support and facilities. 

Yeah, I agree with you on that (not on the google part, I use Ask Jeeves)

I think Moos will look at Bruce Weber first.  I that that two years ago when Illinois went and stole a P5 coach from Okie State it has/will open the doors for other AD's to steal coaches from P5 teams.

2 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

Completely agree Hedley. Lacks the D-1 head coaching resume and name affiliation (I had to google him as well). Based on nothing more than my own opinion, I'd think he would be pretty far down the list. 

I still want us to hire WKUs HC....guy will win and bring in top 25 classes....he is doing it at WKU 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, I agree with you on that (not on the google part, I use Ask Jeeves)

I think Moos will look at Bruce Weber first.  I that that two years ago when Illinois went and stole a P5 coach from Okie State it has/will open the doors for other AD's to steal coaches from P5 teams.

he makes 1.85mil a year. Double his money with a 7 year deal on top of it. 

• Fire 1

44 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I think he is a big time southern guy though...not sure if he would want to be out in Lincoln and I wonder if his southern act would play here, it probably would.

his base salary is $500k....give this dude 2 mil a year and let him work. Hes 59 so he has some years left in the tank. He would bring our first HS 5 star here in forever and would take us to the tourney and win our first game I bet....just let the man work! 

• Fire 1
On 2/20/2019 at 1:54 PM, HuskermanMike said:

Oats is the man in my mind. You do not accidentally walk into Morgantown or the Carrier Dome and get wins. Especially with inferior talent to the teams you are playing. Also, they just put up 114, Nebraska could not dream of doing that right now. After that, I have no idea about who we would get. 

After reading an article about him, I think he's #1 for me as well.

9 minutes ago, Mavric said:

After reading an article about him, I think he's #1 for me as well.

Yeah, he can flat out coach. Most of his team is gone by the end of this season so it would make sense for him to move on, regardless of their tourney run. After him, I would probably put Hoiberg next on the list. 

Roby is a huge factor in our season for next year. I have a hunch that if he comes back the next coach will bring out his full potential. But, I believe he will try for the NBA and probably get drafted in the second round. 

4 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

Yeah, he can flat out coach. Most of his team is gone by the end of this season so it would make sense for him to move on, regardless of their tourney run. After him, I would probably put Hoiberg next on the list. 

Roby is a huge factor in our season for next year. I have a hunch that if he comes back the next coach will bring out his full potential. But, I believe he will try for the NBA and probably get drafted in the second round. 

Roby is way too sporadic. If he is picked in the NBA after this year I would be extremely surprised. 

• Fire 1
7 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

his base salary is $500k....give this dude 2 mil a year and let him work. Hes 59 so he has some years left in the tank. He would bring our first HS 5 star here in forever and would take us to the tourney and win our first game I bet....just let the man work! 

I’m just curious why he’s at WKU after doing so well at Miss. State?