Replacements for Miles

1 hour ago, Hayseed said:

I’m just curious why he’s at WKU after doing so well at Miss. State?

He plays "the game" doesnt mind getting in the muddy waters of AAU basketball etc. Hes a great coach and even better recruiter. He isnt Pitino by any means in terms of how he handles things. He just does what needs to be done 

I hear rumblings about Moiraine. Her 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th grade basketball team all ran the same offensive play (yes, just 1), but they knew how to execute. I feel like this would translate well to coaching, so I'm throwing my hat in the ring.

I found it. It was this one, only it was only the upper left part. I don't think anything happened after that. Maybe we switched sides sometimes? It was like our coach thought we were 5.

4-OUT.jpg

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I still can't believe people think this anymore.  

1.  You are getting a 5-7 year contract

2.  The cash is all yours no matter how bad you do

3.  After each season you will get another year added (more money)

4.  Signing on the line means you are no worth a minimum of 12 million dollars (low end, because the next Husker coach is getting 2.75 million to start, per year)

5.  If you fail, guess what, you take a new HC gig or you go coach on a friends bench or you retire...a millionaire. 

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I still can't believe people think this anymore.  

1.  You are getting a 5-7 year contract

2.  The cash is all yours no matter how bad you do

3.  After each season you will get another year added (more money)

4.  Signing on the line means you are no worth a minimum of 12 million dollars (low end, because the next Husker coach is getting 2.75 million to start, per year)

5.  If you fail, guess what, you take a new HC gig or you go coach on a friends bench or you retire...a millionaire. 

And you have great facilities and a loyal fan base. 

6 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I dont understand how location has anything to do with a sport that is played indoors? 

It's easier to recruit guys who are closer to you.  That's just how it is.  Doesn't mean it can't be overcome but it's tougher.

The example I've long used is a kid out of Chicago.  Third-largest city in the country and produces some pretty good basketball talent.  A kid from Chicago could choose to go to Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Purdue, Notre Dame, Pittsburgh, Wisconsin, Indiana, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisville, Iowa, Tennessee or West Virginia and play Power 5 basketball at a place with significantly more tradition than Nebraska and still be closer to home than he would be in Lincoln.  And that's before you even get to considering Marquette, Xavier, Butler, Creighton, Cincinnati, Memphis and teams like that that are likely considered better "basketball schools" than UNL and also closer to home.