** 2019 Opponent Previews : Minnesota (Game 7) **

For as much as is being said about their receivers, they only threw for 155 yards against Illinois but rushed for 332 for a total of 487 yards of offense. They played a pretty complete game last week against the Illini.

Because of our injuries on offense I'd say we're definitely the underdog. 

Our lack of a pass rusher will probably be glaringly obvious in this game unless Chinander dials up some plays where he blitzes when they don't think we are and then fakes the blitz when we're showing it. He needs to get better at this.

This game is alot like last week in terms of importance. Really need to win this one to give us hope we can still win the West. If we can get through this week with a W and head into the bye week with 1 conference loss hopefully that can give the team a little extra confidence that the goals are still achievable

32 minutes ago, Undone said:

For as much as is being said about their receivers, they only threw for 155 yards against Illinois but rushed for 332 for a total of 487 yards of offense. They played a pretty complete game last week against the Illini.

Our lack of a pass rusher will probably be glaringly obvious in this game unless Chinander dials up some plays where he blitzes when they don't think we are and then fakes the blitz when we're showing it. He needs to get better at this.

I'm seeing a lot of talk about their line being "big".  But, not a lot about them being really good.  Nebraska has gone through periods here we have a really big tackle only to find they aren't very mobile.  They have allowed 16 sacks on Morgan through 5 games (3+ per game).  And...again...they really haven't played any good teams.

This might be a game where we can get to the QB.

37 minutes ago, Undone said:

And still had two turnovers

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm seeing a lot of talk about their line being "big".  But, not a lot about them being really good.  Nebraska has gone through periods here we have a really big tackle only to find they aren't very mobile.  They have allowed 16 sacks on Morgan through 5 games (3+ per game).  And...again...they really haven't played any good teams.

This might be a game where we can get to the QB.

I think Tuoti's influence with more twists and stunts will be big. I'm sure they've improved a lot since week 1, but SDSU just ran guys around the RG/RT and got a lot of pressure. I'm not even sure we need heavy blitzes or a good edge rusher, although it would be nice to see Ace make some plays. Last week he had a few where we was quick off the ball, but either didn't trust his speed or was afraid of losing the rush lane and just throttled down and engaged the tackle.

• Plus1 1

Dress warm if you're coming. Kickoff temp will be around 34 degrees with significant wind. If there's precipitation, and there's a 40% chance there will be, pray that the temperature dips enough to make it snow instead of a freezing drizzle.

The weather will have an effect, but I'm not sure in favor of whom. Last week, Tanner Morgan struggled a bit in the dampness and the Gopher receivers had some issues holding onto the ball. Thankfully, the somnolent running attack answered with vigor.

Any word on Martinez or Vedral? I suspect Frost will play it close to the vest all week.

Early forecast for the Twin Cities is cold, windy and maybe wet. Way too early to know if it will be wet or not, but the cold and windy are almost a given from what I have seen so far in the forecast models.  Wind will be similar to the game Saturday vs Northwestern, but I have no clue on how the stadium in MN is with wind as some are worse than others. (Hinze Field)