challenge for trump supporters

30 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Trump is absolutely obsessed with the media.  He seems to subscribe to the theory that bad publicity is still publicity.  Many people seem to be glued to everything he says.  Or tweets.  So I guess it's working more in his favor than not. 

I personally can't remember the last time I saw Trump on tv.  But admittedly I rarely watch the news.  I get sports and weather updates on my phone. 

My only tv viewing last weekend was the FedEx St Jude.  No Trump.  Just Bill Belichick. 

Trump fatigue is an actual thing.

I'm tired of him always hogging the spotlight with his cringey antics. I don't want a president who has the be THE story, all day everyday. I can't imagine I'm alone. Polling bears this out.

1 minute ago, Danny Bateman said:

Trump fatigue is an actual thing.

I'm tired of him always hogging the spotlight with his cringey antics. I don't want a president who has the be THE story, all day everyday. I can't imagine I'm alone. Polling bears this out.

I don't disagree.

I'm also not a big consumer of media.  I watch sports and that's about it.

I pay no attention to polls.  They haven't seemed to be extremely accurate.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

He's pretty hard to avoid. I'm unplugging on the San Juan Islands next week. That will help.

But that brings up another fun challenge: if Donald Trump hates the media so much, how long could he go without them? 

i.e. how long could he go without saying something inflammatory for attention?

We have an obsessed President, so he kinda sets the tone. 

Trump after we take away his twitter account and his Fox and Friends broadcast: :cry

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Really?

He's the only President in modern times to never have had a favorable rating above 50%.  

I gotta agree with TheSker on this one. 

63 million Americans cutting across the right Electoral College zones knew who this guy was and voted for him anyway. His ratings have never been above 50%, but they've never been too far below, either. His base is solid and they have cowed the GOP to do his bidding --- or it might be the other way around. The GOP has successfully gone arch-conservative under the cover of Trump. Last week's racist tweets that some considered the last straw actually bumped up Trump's approval rating. 

For that matter, this whole Trump Challenge is a moot point. No President in history could have gotten away with half the stuff Donald Trump's done in office. His family and in-laws could easily be jailed, fined, or driven out of business. He broke the outrage meter and no one has laid a glove on him. Now it's just a theater of disbelief. 

So yeah. It's working for him. 

And I blame the American people.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I gotta agree with TheSker on this one. 

63 million Americans cutting across the right Electoral College zones knew who this guy was and voted for him anyway. His ratings have never been above 50%, but they've never been too far below, either. His base is solid and they have cowed the GOP to do his bidding --- or it might be the other way around. The GOP has successfully gone arch-conservative under the cover of Trump. Last week's racist tweets that some considered the last straw actually bumped up Trump's approval rating. 

For that matter, this whole Trump Challenge is a moot point. No President in history could have gotten away with half the stuff Donald Trump's done in office. His family and in-laws could easily be jailed, fined, or driven out of business. He broke the outrage meter and no one has laid a glove on him. Now it's just a theater of disbelief. 

So yeah. It's working for him. 

the alt right is unified.  trump could shoot kids and they would say is doing gods work.

• Plus1 1

11 hours ago, Waldo said:

You assume that just because people vote conservative or argue in this forum against some liberal ideologies that they all love Donald Trump. I’ve seen very few people here that vocally support Trump. 

My challenge for you is to argue or be this adamant towards a Trump supporter when you see one in person. Call them a racist, bigot, homophobe, POS, etc. Report back to us. 

Fair enough, Waldo.

But again, watching so many people on a Nebraska football fansite who won't vocally support Donald Trump makes me wonder how he carried the state almost 2:1 in 2016.

It's almost like people are embarrassed to admit they agree with him. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Fair enough, Waldo.

But again, watching so many people on a Nebraska football fansite who won't vocally support Donald Trump makes me wonder how he carried the state almost 2:1 in 2016.

It's almost like people are embarrassed to admit they agree with him. 

I think it's fair to consider that posters aren't interested in the attack they'd likely get.

Trump is in office.....why do they need to care about a message board?

There are plenty of people not interested in Sanders' or Warren's or Biden's platform.

They might then hear something on here  like "oh, so you support a racist criminal?"

They'd probably prefer to simply stay off.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

They would indeed. 

That they'd rather not answer it is understandable.

But the questions aren't going away. Nor should they. 

They will submit their opinion where it matters.

Understandably.

And you can continue to "wonder" why so few other than a core little group posts here.

• Plus1 1
32 minutes ago, TheSker said:

They will submit their opinion where it matters.

Understandably.

And you can continue to "wonder" why so few other than a core little group posts here.

Well let's not be too coy. Trump supporters submit their opinion on millions of Facebook pages and in every Comments section on the Internet whenever they have like-minded numbers. 

I've spent plenty of time as the minority opinion and gotten lots of nasty blowback. It's not fun, but I don't shut down just because it's less comfortable. 

• Thanks 2
39 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Well let's not be too coy. Trump supporters submit their opinion on millions of Facebook pages and in every Comments section on the Internet whenever they have like-minded numbers. 

I've spent plenty of time as the minority opinion and gotten lots of nasty blowback. It's not fun, but I don't shut down just because it's less comfortable. 

Agreed......and numbers is mostly what I'm referring to.

2 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

If you count the early years of the Republic quite a few Presidents did not garner over 50% of the popular vote.  And as I posted, most electoral college victims had a plurality without a majority.

If you count every year of the Republic, we still elected the worst President in American history. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 2