challenge for trump supporters

8 minutes ago, Waldo said:

You assume that just because people vote conservative or argue in this forum against some liberal ideologies that they all love Donald Trump. I’ve seen very few people here that vocally support Trump.  

I feel bad for Conservatives who just hold to typical run-of-the-mill conservative ideologies, but who have to wade through the hijacking muck of the people who are holding your ideology hostage right now. There's a lumping-in that goes on, and I'm guilty of that, too.

I think the best thing Conservatives who just want to be "normal" can do right now is to vote for the closest thing to a centrist candidate they can find, and be willing to vote for a more liberal candidate than you normally would, at least until this storm passes. 

I'm a left-leaning moderate, and I voted for Clinton this last time, and I can promise you I'd be on here complaining about her just like I'm complaining about Trump. I voted for her because she was the lesser of two evils.  I don't like her, and I'd have voted for someone else in 2020 (presuming it wasn't a Trump-like character).

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, Waldo said:

You assume that just because people vote conservative or argue in this forum against some liberal ideologies that they all love Donald Trump. I’ve seen very few people here that vocally support Trump. 

Then show us. We've got a couple of well-spoken conservatives on this board that have spoken out against Trump, yet when it comes to specific policy or conservative principles, they can go as well as anyone, using rational arguments. Being conservative is okay, but it is not the same as supporting Trump. Commando and others are talking specifically about the Trump supporters, those who buy into his rhetoric and identify with his (lack of) character. 

So, Waldo, what values and principles do you hold dear to your heart? What is your take on Trump's behavior? What do you have to say about Trump's racism?

11 minutes ago, Waldo said:

My challenge for you is to argue or be this adamant towards a Trump supporter when you see one in person. Call them a racist, bigot, homophobe, POS, etc. Report back to us.

Oh, the ol' badass tough guy angle, huh? Well, bigotry should be addressed and challenged in person, or wherever we see it. Finding the right way to approach and discuss the situation is important though. You don't just walk up to someone and call them a POS. Do you have such a chip on your shoulder that you are hoping for that kind of a scene?

• Plus1 3
56 minutes ago, Waldo said:

My challenge for you is to argue or be this adamant towards a Trump supporter when you see one in person. Call them a racist, bigot, homophobe, POS, etc. Report back to us. 

They come, they go.

42 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I feel bad for Conservatives who just hold to typical run-of-the-mill conservative ideologies, but who have to wade through the hijacking muck of the people who are holding your ideology hostage right now. There's a lumping-in that goes on, and I'm guilty of that, too.

I think the best thing Conservatives who just want to be "normal" can do right now is to vote for the closest thing to a centrist candidate they can find, and be willing to vote for a more liberal candidate than you normally would, at least until this storm passes. 

I'm a left-leaning moderate, and I voted for Clinton this last time, and I can promise you I'd be on here complaining about her just like I'm complaining about Trump. I voted for her because she was the lesser of two evils.  I don't like her, and I'd have voted for someone else in 2020 (presuming it wasn't a Trump-like character).

Good post and all so true.  For those of us who want to "save' conservatism we must first help the current brand of conservatism  to die. Trumpism really isn't conservatism as seen in so many ways but he hijacked  the term.  True conservatives know in their heart that Mitch McConnell and those around him aren't classical conservatives either.  Neither are so many of those House Reps we saw during the Mueller hearing.  They weren't defending the rule of law, they were defending a criminal who occupies the people's house. True conservatives must help this current brand of "conservatism" to die.  The only way we can do that is to un-elect Trump and a host of our congressmen/women who support Trump. We may have to put aside our most cherished pet  policy positions to do so (pro-life, pro-boarder wall, smaller but more efficient govt, low tax, pro-balanced budget -that one is a laugher today).  That is why I'm more tuned into the Dem primary more than ever.  While it may not matter in the rare red meat  state of Oklahoma, I plan to vote for one of those candidates who's name is not Trump. 

'

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

new challenge for trump supporters.  if you like his policies but hate his racism or something else about him....call him out for what you don't like.    don't just defend him...call him out when he deserves it.   and also stop using "but hillary" as your main defense of trump.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Ulty said:

Oh, the ol' badass tough guy angle, huh? Well, bigotry should be addressed and challenged in person, or wherever we see it. Finding the right way to approach and discuss the situation is important though. You don't just walk up to someone and call them a POS. Do you have such a chip on your shoulder that you are hoping for that kind of a scene?

the best example i have is when obama was president.  i was well known as someone who didn't like him....but 1 day a guy in his mid 30's i would guess...said very loudly "that dumb n****r should be hung"   i instantly gave him the evil eye....and his eyes dropped to the ground and he shut up.  he knew he wasn't going to continue talking like that around me.  at that point i let it go as i knew he had given up.

4 minutes ago, TheSker said:

New challenge:

Go one day without obsessing about Donald Trump.

Most of us are priviledged enough Trump doesn't affect our every day lives and it could be easy to turn it off and tune the circus out. That doesn't mean that we should. 

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, TheSker said:

New challenge:

Sorry, I love my country too much, and care about my neighbors too much, to simply ignore the damage that this man causes.

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, TheSker said:

New challenge:

I would actually love to do that.

However, when he tweets and is on TV literally every single day being a disgusting human being and lying to the American people....while representing me and all of you as Americans.......pardon me if I don't pay close attention to that.

His actions are negatively affecting people's lives every single day and should be pushed back against.

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, Waldo said:

About as much as the OP. 

:blink:

Really?

The OP is simply asking Trump supporters if they are willing to act in the work place the same way Trump acts in his work place......for which they seem to support.

Not sure how your challenge is similar to that.  Care to expand on that?