Game Day Weather

knapplc

I remember many years ago when Osborne was coaching — don’t remember the year and the team we were playing — we had a thunderstorm during the first half, and teams were forced to leave the field because the lightning got really bad. But about a half hour later, the game started up again. Anyone remember the year?

3 hours ago, Pedro G said:

I remember many years ago when Osborne was coaching — don’t remember the year and the team we were playing — we had a thunderstorm during the first half, and teams were forced to leave the field because the lightning got really bad. But about a half hour later, the game started up again. Anyone remember the year?

Trying to remember if it was a game against Kansas.

Seems like they said on TV that there were stadium lights that went off, and the coaches decided to continue with the game since the majority was played and the lightning stopped. 

3 hours ago, Pedro G said:

After some digging, it might have been 1991 against Utah State. Tom Osborne said in an article he'd never had a rain delay much less so much lightning during a game and had to rush to the locker room. A heavy thunderstorm hit Lincoln quickly during that game.

29 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Who the heck wears jeans and a long sleeve shirt when its 60+ degrees?

I am in shorts and flip-flops till it dips under 45.

Cargo shorts???

Jean shorts???

I love jeans and I love long sleeve shirts.  I also love flip flops!

The worst guys...the guys that wore shorts when it was -1 out on campus. 

59 minutes ago, FTW said:

After some digging, it might have been 1991 against Utah State. Tom Osborne said in an article he'd never had a rain delay much less so much lightning during a game and had to rush to the locker room. A heavy thunderstorm hit Lincoln quickly during that game.

It was 1991 vs. Utah State.  I was there.  The student section started making "snakes" out of the plastic cups and they eventually started throwing the cups at each other.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, teachercd said:

Cargo shorts???

Jean shorts???

I love jeans and I love long sleeve shirts.  I also love flip flops!

The worst guys...the guys that wore shorts when it was -1 out on campus. 

Cargo shorts.. gotta have a place for all my knick-knacks.

Like I mentioned, I stop wearing shorts at about 45 degrees. 

I hold on to summer while I can.

5 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It was 1991 vs. Utah State.  I was there.  The student section started making "snakes" out of the plastic cups and they eventually started throwing the cups at each other.

correct...I was in the north stadium during the deluge...I remember my buddy pointing out the benefits of sitting behind a couple of young ladies that had worn white shorts to the game

:ph34r:

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
54 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Cargo shorts.. gotta have a place for all my knick-knacks.

Like I mentioned, I stop wearing shorts at about 45 degrees. 

I hold on to summer while I can.

Office life and being in manufacturing plants without a/c has conditioned me to be fine with jeans in all weather. I put my jeans on below 70 now...

15 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I hate pants/sweatshirts/shoes/socks...

I wear dress pants/dress shirts/dress shoes 4 days a week so I am use to that but I want my body to breathe when I am outside.

I try to comfort myself with the fact that my pants are wicking the sweat off my body. Then I wonder if everyone can see my sweaty a$$ crack... :blink: