BIG West

40 minutes ago, Caveman said:

Have you seen them play?!? They are a goliath.

45-21

42-0

51-10

76-5

Yeah they look like a legit team.  Surprises me, I was hoping the transition woul be harder for them.  Sustaining it will be harder I imagine, but so far they are playing at their standard elite level.  We, are not, to put it lightly.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the current BIG standings as of now.  With a win next week at Minnesota we would be sitting in 2nd place which is hard to believe given how much we have struggled this year.  

Also Northwestern has played at Wisconsin and Nebraska in back to back weeks, and gave up 10 offensive points to Wisconsin and 13 offensive points to Nebraska.  While I think we will still be a heavy underdog against Nebraska, Northwestern showed how to slow down their strength by stopping Taylor.  

https://bigten.org/confstandings.aspx/2019-20/fb?path=football

1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Here are the current BIG standings as of now.  With a win next week at Minnesota we would be sitting in 2nd place which is hard to believe given how much we have struggled this year.  

Also Northwestern has played at Wisconsin and Nebraska in back to back weeks, and gave up 10 offensive points to Wisconsin and 13 offensive points to Nebraska.  While I think we will still be a heavy underdog against Nebraska, Northwestern showed how to slow down their strength by stopping Taylor.  

I think NW has a tougher rush defense then us tho. 

12 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I agree it's hard to believe, but Northwestern won the west last year by winning games like this. No one likes it, but winning ugly or pretty means the same thing. Team just has to keep scrapping. 

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I agree it's hard to believe, but Northwestern won the west last year by winning games like this. No one likes it, but winning ugly or pretty means the same thing. Team just has to keep scrapping. 

With all the preseason talk of how tight this division is, the team that wins this division will win a few of these 

• Plus1 1

17 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

I think NW has a tougher rush defense then us tho. 

I would tend to agree and some of this may be with sounds tackling too.  But I also think we have more playmakers on offense to put up points than Northwestern does...now today's injuries may alter that a bit.  Regardless if we can play an A game and WIsconsin plays a B minus or worse game it should be a coin toss.

3 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I would tend to agree and some of this may be with sounds tackling too.  But I also think we have more playmakers on offense to put up points than Northwestern does...now today's injuries may alter that a bit.  Regardless if we can play an A game and WIsconsin plays a B minus or worse game it should be a coin toss.

Wisconsin game comes down to our D. If we contain Taylor we can win. I don’t fear anyone else on their offense. But that’s a big IF

• 2 weeks later...