Win #900

knapplc

3 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Damn, when did Alabama jump us to #4 all time?

compare our record and theirs over the last 10 years - easy to see how it happened.  I just want to catch up and pass Texas and keep OU in our rear mirror - which won't happen this year as we are tied and they will probably surpass us this year (unless Frost and team really surpass current expectations).  We did have a decent lead on them too a few years ago as we did on bama. 

7 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I'm not surprised it did or confused as to how I just figured I would have heard about it when it happened (whenever it happened, which I still don't know the answer to :lol: )

They passed us September 15th, 2018 when we lost to Troy at home 24-19 and they were beating Ole Miss on the road 62-7.

We started last season with 893 wins and stayed there until October 20th when we beat Minnesota.

Alabama started the season with 891 wins and had 899 wins by the time we beat the Gophers.

• Plus1 1

Confounding to me is texass has that many wins but growing up in the 80s as I did until now, I don’t remember them being a “somebody” in college football until the late 90s early 2000s. 

They never seemed to really compete for championships or be on the major radar like tOSU, Bama, N, and OU were/are. Michigan and PSU, USC, Florida St, Miami, and ND I always remember being up there (in my mind at least lol) but not texass. From about 83-99 I just don’t remember them or their teams.