Utah at USC

Huskerchief

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Well that's the beauty of it.

Gameday is a television show about college football that is on for 3 hours in the morning. They usually spend quite a bit of time featuring the host school. No actual football game is played. That doesn't happen until many hours later in the day. The only people watching the actual football game are the same people who were going to watch it anyway. Here's a quick summary.

Gameday...positive national exposure.

Football game....a completely separate ordeal that is going to occur whether or not we host Gameday.

And that reason, friends is why even today that 2007 affair with USC is looked at as a positive 

5 minutes ago, CapoValley said:

And that reason, friends is why even today that 2007 affair with USC is looked at as a positive 

Really, how?  Since theaters USC game with GameDay.....how has this been a positive for us?  4 head coaches and bad football, yeah that was a great spring board.  ROFLMAO

I don't see anyone living or dying about Nebraska being selected for Game Day.

Just that it might be kinda fun. 

GameDay isn't about hard-core analysis. It's about celebrating college football Saturday on somebody's campus. Naturally they want a good game, but what they really need is a football happy atmosphere and a lot of demonstrative fans teasing Lee Corso. 

Again, kinda fun. 

9 minutes ago, Mavric said:

There is a difference between having a dissenting opinion and pooping in every thread.

Isn’t keeping it real acknowledging both sides in any discussion?  I dream too, but reality is much different, sorry to say.  The folks sitting around me in Section 2 every game have been pretty vocal the first 2 home games, so it is out there regardless of if you want to acknowledge it, accept it, or even believe it.  We are definitely a work in progress, at best.

So since Nebraska will most likely lose a game that night they shouldn't have espn run a bunch of positive stories about Nebraska in the morning from outside the stadium? 

If the rumor is true that they are also announcing the facility upgrades that week they could announce that with some 3d rendering of what it will look like. 

Get some good exposure before the blow out.

• Plus1 2
40 minutes ago, 10_point_buck said:

Isn’t keeping it real acknowledging both sides in any discussion?  I dream too, but reality is much different, sorry to say.  The folks sitting around me in Section 2 every game have been pretty vocal the first 2 home games, so it is out there regardless of if you want to acknowledge it, accept it, or even believe it.  We are definitely a work in progress, at best.

At the risk off being repetitive....

There is a difference between "keeping it real" and pooping in every thread.

• Plus1 3
58 minutes ago, 10_point_buck said:

oznfB6g.png

I might be wrong, but I **it appears** you want to make SURE we all know that you have seats in Section 2 for Nebraska home games. (Presumably because Section 2 imbues those seated there with more valid opinions and insights than those sitting in other sections or watching at home?)

1 hour ago, 10_point_buck said:

You will find more of your kind in here.  Just that thread mind you.  Nothing to see in the other threads.

• Thanks 1