NU to unveil $150 million football facility plan Friday

knapplc

37 minutes ago, Toe said:

As a reminder, this is what we had before:

7sln3cqy1ijb1.jpg

This is a very dated look. You could probably expect to get $100M for it. But if you refinished the cabinets and painted them, brightened up the celling with a fresh coat, and put in some new carpet you could get close to $150M.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, ZRod said:

This is a very dated look. You could probably expect to get $100M for it. But if you refinished the cabinets and painted them, brightened up the celling with a fresh coat, and put in some new carpet you could get close to $150M.

Funny, I didn't know we had a bunch of housewives playing on our team. That explains a lot about the last eight years or so...

• TBH 3

4 hours ago, ZRod said:

I prefer the old look. But, I’m not the one that is going to use it. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I prefer the old look. But, I’m not the one that is going to use it. 

As someone who was old enough to go to camps and workout in the original strength complex I still think that's the kind of weight room I prefer over all this new fancy stuff, but times are different...

• TBH 1

Honestly not impressed with this locker room…or the whirlpool area. Seems cheap, plastic, fake….but I won’t be using it and my opinion means nothing as long as the players (potential players) think it’s cool.

Really haven’t been impressed with the overall look/vibe of the whole campus for quite a few years. Just a lot of plain jane blank walls with way too many red lighted N’s everywhere. Maybe they need a new interior decorator.

• TBH 2
3 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Honestly not impressed with this locker room…or the whirlpool area. Seems cheap, plastic, fake….but I won’t be using it and my opinion means nothing as long as the players (potential players) think it’s cool.

Really haven’t been impressed with the overall look/vibe of the whole campus for quite a few years. Just a lot of plain jane blank walls with way too many red lighted N’s everywhere. Maybe they need a new interior decorator.

The UNL campus always feels sort of dull and small compared to a lot of other schools.

Even greek row is sort of spaced out, sort of ruins the vibe.

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, teachercd said:

The UNL campus always feels sort of dull and small compared to a lot of other schools.

I’ve only been on/in a couple other campuses in the last ten years, CSU and UNC. Both have a bunch of new buildings and areas like UNL but they seem to have a bit more character.  For some reason UNL just feels fake. Kinda like cheap finish materials or something. Put a big red N here and a polycarbonate panel here and call it good. Although the new business college building is pretty sweet. 

Maybe it’s just inevitable that big common areas are blah but a little more character would go a long way.  I’ll put my skirt away now :lol:

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I'm trying to figure out how greek row can be less "spaced out".  The vast majority of them are on one street with the houses right next to each other and right next to campus.

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

I’ve only been on/in a couple other campuses in the last ten years, CSU and UNC. Both have a bunch of new buildings and areas like UNL but they seem to have a bit more character.  For some reason UNL just feels fake. Kinda like cheap finish materials or something. Put a big red N here and a polycarbonate panel here and call it good. Although the new business college building is pretty sweet. 

Maybe it’s just inevitable that big common areas are blah but a little more character would go a long way.  I’ll put my skirt away now :lol:

I know there are more beautiful campuses.  I've walked Notre Dame and Harvard.  Both have wonderful old architecture.  I think part of the problem with UNL is that the city campus (the one most people see) is right down town so it gets jumbled up with all the other city buildings around it.  And, they don't have a lot of room to make wide open green spaces.

MSUs campus felt like there were large amounts of green area around it.  It was very nice.