NU to unveil $150 million football facility plan Friday

knapplc

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Probably everyone else figured this out a lot earlier but this makes more sense to me now.  I understood the desire for grass to practice on but I wasn't sure it made that much difference to tear out the turf practice field and replace it with a second grass field such that we wouldn't really have a turf field to practice on.  But I guess there is still a (half) turf practice field that they can get some work in on before they play a game on turf while still doing most of the work on grass.

• Plus1 3
7 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Probably everyone else figured this out a lot earlier but this makes more sense to me now.  I understood the desire for grass to practice on but I wasn't sure it made that much difference to tear out the turf practice field and replace it with a second grass field such that we wouldn't really have a turf field to practice on.  But I guess there is still a (half) turf practice field that they can get some work in on before they play a game on turf while still doing most of the work on grass.

But they can only practice kicking to the East, and Memorial Stadium runs North-South!!!  Our kickers are gonna totally suck!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 2
24 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

But they can only practice kicking to the East, and Memorial Stadium runs North-South!!!  Our kickers are gonna totally suck!

Son of a b!^@h 

33 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Isn't Memorial Stadium still turf?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
45 minutes ago, Mavric said:

The stadium and inside hawks are also both still turf.

• Plus1 1