What did we learn? (The NW edition, sponsored by the MASH 4077)

3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Not just because, but because of what they show in practice in comparison to the other players at their position. Do you watch all of our practices? It didn't look much better at center when Farniok played against S Alabama. He snaps more consistently but is worse at blocking.

I have no idea what the answer at center is. Oline play is not my strong suit. But man I just gotta think we can do something about the high snaps. It just seems insane that they can get him to fix it. 

31 minutes ago, 10_point_buck said:

Which is sad.  He is not the next Dave Rimington as Frost proclaimed

Ya, probably not. But Rimington was able to back up someone else during his first year because there was a better guy in front of him. Jurgens is almost assuredly the best option we have at Center. He didn't have the luxury of learning as a backup and then looking seasoned when he starts the next year. I'm not totally opposed to the idea of taking him out for awhile but I think it's silly to say now that Jurgens can't end up being a great player.

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, 10_point_buck said:

Yes, the stats are what they are, but did u even watch the game?  Their first drive in the 3rd quarter was something we could not do all day.  Take away our big plays and then what?  

They went 6 plays for 58 yards. 

We had drives of 8 plays 70 yards, 10 plays 61 yards, and 9 plays of 65 yards. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 10_point_buck said:

Why do people continue to choke down KoolAid?  Imagine how the game would have been different with even adequate play on offense?  We are damn lucky to have #1 Or we have a big fat L today

Yeah but we do have him so we have a big fat W today and it’s perfect because it means the team has 4 wins and you are angrily thinking of hypothetical scenarios to try and make sure you keep a constant level of misery.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Learned that we have enough mental toughness to win a close game. This was a huge win for us in terms of momentum. We could win 9 games this year. 

Lol, no way in hell. 6 or 7 is the max unless this team completely wakes up. We should win Purdue, the rest are a toss up at best. We just aren’t that good

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Ziebol said:

Yeah but we do have him so we have a big fat W today and it’s perfect because it means the team has 4 wins and you are angrily thinking of hypothetical scenarios to try and make sure you keep a constant level of misery.

So, that is the game plan going forward?  Be stubborn with who Frosty plays “just because” and hope Robinson can win us the game or acknowledge we have some real issues and see if anyone else is better?