Slo-Mo version of the game-winning kick

knapplc

1 minute ago, Husker in WI said:

Frost also mentioned he's looking for clarification on the rules around hitting the snapper, since teams seem to be bullrushing Urbach which is supposed to be illegal. Although I don't know the rule for sure, it could be just not lining up over him. In either case, a lot of the push is right through the snapper.

I read somewhere else that they are supposed to be given one second after the snap before they can be hit to allow them to reset.  But that doesn't seem to be happening.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Zoomed in for your pleasure.

If you thought it went between their hands, not over their hands - you were right.

Or did it go off their hands?  It almost looked like one of them - on the left of the ball as we look at that video - got a piece of it.  

That would help explain the weird trajectory and spin.  It was low to start with but even then it looked odd.

• Plus1 5

4 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Frost also mentioned he's looking for clarification on the rules around hitting the snapper, since teams seem to be bullrushing Urbach which is supposed to be illegal. Although I don't know the rule for sure, it could be just not lining up over him. In either case, a lot of the push is right through the snapper.

Yes, this needs to be addressed. That's at least the second time we've had defenders going right through Urbach.

• Plus1 2

48 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

On Sunday, the Vikings had penalty on a Giant's field goal because the Giant's center got hit and knocked down.  They said on the broadcast that the NFL rule is that the center can't get hit on a special team's snap because their head is so far down, they want to protect the player.

You'd think if the NFL has a player protection in, college would too.

• Plus1 1
26 minutes ago, Dakota Husker Fan said:

On Sunday, the Vikings had penalty on a Giant's field goal because the Giant's center got hit and knocked down.  They said on the broadcast that the NFL rule is that the center can't get hit on a special team's snap because their head is so far down, they want to protect the player.

You'd think if the NFL has a player protection in, college would too.

Finally took the time to go find it:

Contact Against the Snapper
ARTICLE 14. When a team is in scrimmage kick formation, a defensive player may not initiate contact with the snapper until one second has elapsed after the snap (A.R. 9-1-14-I-III)

• Plus1 4