***Official Wisconsin Game Discussion Thread***

knapplc

1 minute ago, DefenderAO said:

If I'm a recruit and Scott is in my living room, I'm asking him what it takes to play in front of guys that don't look to be doing what he needs to get wins.  Especially at the QB position.  Did Frost make a blood pact with his parents?

Good point. If I'm a QB recruit why would you come here to sit behind AM no matter how terrible he is.

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Special Teams is simply unacceptable.

And that's bizarre considering how much an Osborne disciple Frost is. Osborne was fanatic about having good Special Teams, but so far, Frost appears unconcerned.

You cannot have a coach focusing on both LBs and Special Teams. Too much responsibility, and neither unit is getting enough attention.

Scott isn't in the details for the Defense...we'd need to be pretty crazy to think he's in the weeds on ST.  I've said it multiple times...Urban Meyer used to lead OSU's ST.  

Until Scott wakes up, gets into details across the board, and let's go of this borderline sociopathic loyalty to players and coaches missing the mark by miles, it's going to continue to feel like the program is running in sand.

Scott is the guy, but geez, wake the heck up and drive results.  

• Plus1 2

Wisconsin is gutting our run defense - LBs just are not making plays.   The D line performing fairly well most of the time.   To win this game, we will need 3 more turnovers in the second half and make none ourselves.   About as likely as winning a lottery!

Let's hope the recruits we have there today see the opportunity and realize that if they come, they WILL play right away and have a chance to win games.   The Huskers have shown today, that, WITH a dozen more difference makers on the team, we can be a top twenty team right away.   The team has a good spirit and gives a good effort MOST of the time but just plain lacks the numbers of good players to win these games.   Wiscy is a good team.  Nebraska is NOT but we are not that far away from being a good team.     

Just now, DefenderAO said:

Scott isn't in the details for the Defense...we'd need to be pretty crazy to think he's in the weeds on ST.  I've said it multiple times...Urban Meyer used to lead OSU's ST.  

Until Scott wakes up, gets into details across the board, and let's go of this borderline sociopathic loyalty to players and coaches missing the mark by miles, it's going to continue to feel like the program is running in sand.

Scott is the guy, but geez, wake the heck up and drive results.  

Remember when our STs were awful under Bo and then he started coaching them what happened?

1 minute ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Wisconsin is gutting our run defense - LBs just are not making plays.   The D line performing fairly well most of the time.   To win this game, we will need 3 more turnovers in the second half and make none ourselves.   About as likely as winning a lottery!

Let's hope the recruits we have there today see the opportunity and realize that if they come, they WILL play right away and have a chance to win games.   The Huskers have shown today, that, WITH a dozen more difference makers on the team, we can be a top twenty team right away.   The team has a good spirit and gives a good effort MOST of the time but just plain lacks the numbers of good players to win these games.   Wiscy is a good team.  Nebraska is NOT but we are not that far away from being a good team.     

Will they play right away though? We seem to trot out the same cast of characters game after game expecting different results.

2 minutes ago, Bigred_inSD said:

I'm surprised it is this close to be honest.

I jumped into the game at 11:45a CT and thought I'd see it at 28-3 UW.  It was 10-7 UW.  I was shocked.

Chin has settled the D in and they're looking more to form since that time.  Dislike and Barry looking especially atrocious.

I cannot wait for this program to get real players on there field.