Your 2020 Nebraska Cornhuskers

BIG ERN

52 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So....do we get a depth chart today?

Frost said last week they weren't sure if they were releasing a depth chart or not.  Not exactly sure what they would be trying to "hide" but I kind of get the impression they wouldn't release one this week.

Maybe stalling to see if Manning would be in the mix or not.

47 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Frost said last week they weren't sure if they were releasing a depth chart or not.  Not exactly sure what they would be trying to "hide" but I kind of get the impression they wouldn't release one this week.

Maybe stalling to see if Manning would be in the mix or not.

McKewon tweeted that he doesn't expect a depth chart to be released today.

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Bump OP

Nice, thanks for updating that.

On defense we have a starting 11 with, for the most part, a lot of experience. Most of those guys have two years in Chinander's system under their belts.

But I'll be honest: 3 of the 4 starting linebackers worry me quite a bit. I can't personally say I'm expecting much of a bump in play at that position, but next year could see a pretty big jump there.

• Plus1 4
19 minutes ago, Undone said:

Nice, thanks for updating that.

On defense we have a starting 11 with, for the most part, a lot of experience. Most of those guys have two years in Chinander's system under their belts.

But I'll be honest: 3 of the 4 starting linebackers worry me quite a bit. I can't personally say I'm expecting much of a bump in play at that position, but next year could see a pretty big jump there.

I'm with you on that as well. I'm just not a fan of seniority. Hopefully Miller and Honas make a big leap this year but man they were not good last year. I just want the best guys on the field even if the experience isn't there. I think it will be hard for us to keep Robinson, Green off the DL and also Reimer and Henrich off the field. And Luke 

1 minute ago, BIG ERN said:

I'm with you on that as well. I'm just not a fan of seniority. Hopefully Miller and Honas make a big leap this year but man they were not good last year. I just want the best guys on the field even if the experience isn't there. I think it will be hard for us to keep Robinson, Green off the DL and also Reimer and Henrich off the field. And Luke 

Do we have a guy to bring edge pressure on that defense? 

• Plus1 1

23 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Do we have a guy to bring edge pressure on that defense? 

My opinion is that we probably don't have that guy yet this season and that Chinander should probably swallow his pride a bit and try more creative stunts & blitzes to get to the passer.

• Plus1 2
19 minutes ago, Undone said:

My opinion is that we probably don't have that guy yet this season and that Chinander should probably swallow his pride a bit and try more creative stunts & blitzes to get to the passer.

Iirc, he pulled out some real cool DB blitzes last year against South Alabama and then again against Colorado for the first half but teams adjust quickly to that if that’s all the pressure you can get. Definitely a little concerned about OLB at the moment. We also got a decent amount of QB pressure from Khalil last year that we need to replace.

• Plus1 1