The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

10 minutes ago, jaws said:

Maybe he had it down to vape? I am sure it is hard to wear a mask and vape at the same time. 

Hahaha!

But, if this cat can't do it (There is another picture where the lady next to him is also unmasked at the sametime), just think what it will be like for K-12 students.  

22 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Hahaha!

But, if this cat can't do it (There is another picture where the lady next to him is also unmasked at the sametime), just think what it will be like for K-12 students.  

My wife is a kindergarten teacher so I can only imagine the stories she will have. 

On 7/22/2020 at 5:48 PM, teachercd said:

This is nice and I will gladly "teach from home" all year...

But I feel like he might not be speaking for most teachers.  @funhusker and @Cdog923 could chime in too, but I would personally rather be at school in the building to teach.  I have 3 close teaching friends...One wants to stay home (because it means he doesn't have to do a freaking thing, elem PE!), one can't wait to get back to school (3 kids under the age of 5 and a stay at home wife) and one is content either way.

None of the teachers that I know are making it a political thing.

And I love Dave and I know his mom is/was a teacher...So I get where he is coming from.

My experience was vastly different than most, because I've been teaching online curriculum for some time now. My students adapted incredibly well to it; we had a 95% graduation rate, and even graduated one Jr. Plus, I've had an incredible time with my two girls over this time period, and am somewhat fearful of bringing this home with them after we start in-person instruction. 

5 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

My experience was vastly different than most, because I've been teaching online curriculum for some time now. My students adapted incredibly well to it; we had a 95% graduation rate, and even graduated one Jr. Plus, I've had an incredible time with my two girls over this time period, and am somewhat fearful of bringing this home with them after we start in-person instruction. 

So have you been teaching from home for a few years or were you at school and teaching online?

12 minutes ago, commando said:

when you are alone with your wife and best friend with no one else near you?

I am on the dudes side.  But he is the literal face of masks.  He is either loved or hated by people.  Just a bad image and the poor dude even had to comment about the picture.  Then is spread to twitter bashing.  

Anyone been to places that are now requiring masks?  I have been to a few, and I would say like 90% are masked.  

7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I am on the dudes side.  But he is the literal face of masks.  He is either loved or hated by people.  Just a bad image and the poor dude even had to comment about the picture.  Then is spread to twitter bashing.  

those people don't give him the right to go mask less for a minute while not in a crowd....and  they demand they never have to wear a mask anywhere.  hypocrisy is no reason to give them credence..     

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, commando said:

those people don't give him the right to go mask less for a minute while not in a crowd....and  they demand they never have to wear a mask anywhere.  hypocrisy is no reason to give them credence..     

Agreed, but it just creates more stupidity as you know.  

32 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Anyone been to places that are now requiring masks?  I have been to a few, and I would say like 90% are masked.  

Masks are mandatory in Colorado indoors. Some counties that have higher case numbers have outdoor requirements.

I'd say close to 100% are masked within stores near me. A lot of places have an employee at the entrance turning people away that aren't masked.

2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Masks are mandatory in Colorado indoors. Some counties that have higher case numbers have outdoor requirements.

I'd say close to 100% are masked within stores near me. A lot of places have an employee at the entrance turning people away that aren't masked.

Yeah, over here I have just seen the signs up about having a mask but at the stores I went to there were not employees standing outside.  And kids don't have to wear them at some of the stores.