The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

5 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Yes some people are actually this dumb.  Cause and effect are lost on them. :facepalm:

Man gets shot in the heart and with his last staggering steps stumbles into the street, where he's run over by a bus.

Man Dies After Bus Collision

- NY Post's headline

:rolleyes:

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Man gets shot in the heart and with his last staggering steps stumbles into the street, where he's run over by a bus.

Man Dies After Bus Collision

- NY Post's headline

:rolleyes:

Man gets pushed out of a ten story building.  Splat.  The concrete did it.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Yes some people are actually this dumb.  Cause and effect are lost on them. :facepalm:

Yeah my guess is surgery was maybe ECMO cannulation. Which is very dangerous as is, and most patients never come off ECMO. 

Either way, his doctors thought a risky, low chance of survival procedure was a better bet than letting him fight the virus on his own. So many people out there without a lick of medical experience, writing tweets like this - its frustrating. (Now I see Fox News is running with the heart attack story as well).

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Yeah my guess is surgery was maybe ECMO cannulation. Which is very dangerous as is, and most patients never come off ECMO. 

Either way, his doctors thought a risky, low chance of survival procedure was a better bet than letting him fight the virus on his own. So many people out there without a lick of medical experience, writing tweets like this - its frustrating. (Now I see Fox News is running with the heart attack story as well).

You could be right, but We have no idea what the procedure was for unless the family releases the medical report

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You could be right, but We have no idea what the procedure was for unless the family releases the medical report

Yeah it was entirely speculation. I looked more into it and it looks like surgery was related to clots. Probably a thrombectomy. Clots undoubtably tied to COVID. He was in the ICU prior to surgery, anytime you have an unstable patient and you add more shock like a surgical procedure, the risks start to sky rocket. Docs probably knew the risks of surgery were great, but the risks of the clots were too great. 

3 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Yeah it was entirely speculation. I looked more into it and it looks like surgery was related to clots. Probably a thrombectomy. Clots undoubtably tied to COVID. He was in the ICU prior to surgery, anytime you have an unstable patient and you add more shock like a surgical procedure, the risks start to sky rocket. Docs probably knew the risks of surgery were great, but the risks of the clots were too great. 

I hear more and more about clotting in relatively healthy Covid patients causing death or limb issues.  

• Plus1 1