The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

Is it really surprising?

A vaccine is invented. Millions of Americans get vaccinated. Deaths and infection rates plummet. Finally we can resume life, and millions of Americans start gathering maskless again. 

Infection rates creep back up because millions still aren't vaccinated and a stronger variant is now working its way through. But America is finally doing better than everyone else in the world. 

So it's not like we go back to square one. Vaccinated people are enjoying the benefits of being vaccinated, including protection from the variants. The spikes appear to come from regions with low vaccination rates and anti-vax sentiment. It's a choice they've made, and for the moment they are a threat to themselves rather than those who've chosen vaccination. 

I don't wish ill on the ill-informed, but it is free-market Darwinism in action. 

8 hours ago, alexhortdog95 said:

I kinda jump in and out of here from time to time, but seeing as how this is a subject that I'm quite passionate about, let me throw my two cents in, here...

The former President of the United States has an aversion to sensible, safe, effective, scientific study in the field of vaccination and public health measures. 

This is what he did most of January and February of 2020:

Jan. 22, 2020 “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”
Jan. 24, 2020 Trump praises China’s handling of the coronavirus: “China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!”
Jan. 28, 2020 “This will be the biggest national security threat you face in your presidency...This is going to be the roughest thing you face" Trump’s National Security Advisor to Trump
Jan. 30, 2020 "The lack of immune protection or an existing cure or vaccine would leave Americans defenseless in the case of a full-blown coronavirus outbreak on US soil,...This lack of protection elevates the risk of the coronavirus evolving into a full-blown pandemic, imperiling the lives of millions of Americans.” [Memo from Trump Trade Advisor Peter Navarro]
Feb. 2, 2020 “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”
Feb. 7, 2020 “It’s also more deadly than even your strenuous flu... This is deadly stuff” [Trump in a private interview with Bob Woodward from The Washington Post made public on Sept. 9, 2020]
Feb. 10, 2020 “I think the virus is going to be—it’s going to be fine.”
Feb. 10, 2020 “Looks like by April, you know in theory when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away.”
Feb. 24, 2020 “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… the Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
Feb. 25, 2020 “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”
Feb. 25, 2020 “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”
Feb. 26, 2020 “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”
Feb. 26, 2020 “We're going very substantially down, not up.”
Feb. 26, 2020 “Well, we're testing everybody that we need to test. And we're finding very little problem. Very little problem.”
Feb. 26, 2020 "This is a flu. This is like a flu."
Feb. 27, 2020 “It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

Mind you, while the former president was making his statement on Jan 24, 2020, my wife was hospitalized with chills, low grade fever, shortness of breath, loss of taste and smell, light fluid on the lungs - all while she was going through chemotherapy for breast cancer.  The former President was hospitalized himself with COVID in October of 2020, and probably knew he had it no less than a few days prior - after exposing everyone at the Debates to COVID as well.

The first REPORTED COVID Death was March 2nd, 2020, but we know that deaths attributed to COVID happened weeks prior to this.  So the true toll of this deadly disease may be vastly understated.

So - anybody that tries to come with some smoke about ANYBODY being critical about the former President - just look at this list, and then remember the number 606,618.  That is the current number of people who have died because of lies, laziness, ineptitude, arrogance, and sheer and utter stupidity with one man leading the group.

It was like he was in charge of a group on the Oregon Trail, was left a ton of provisions by the folks who paved the way for him before, but he then said, "I don't like the last guy, so I'm getting rid of ALL those provisions, cause, Obama."  Then, he started on the trail in Independence, Missouri (ironically, the birthplace of Harry Truman, who said, "The Buck Stops Here.."),  got 1/2 way to Oregon, and most everybody but his people died of....dysentery because he brought more clothing on the trip than food and other needed items.  His people get rescued and taken to Oregon, and he blames the whole thing on the Store Keeper (who tried to advise him), the former Leader (who left him provisions), and everyone else.

image.png.56d5e8f9bf9bca6d6b03a9bcabf5bced.png

Good list. You mind letting us know what Fauci was telling people at that same time?  Remember, he is on record as saying he never felt like he couldn’t be truthful to the public while working with Trump.  

Maybe let us know what the major news org and their medical experts were telling us all.  

thank you in advance. 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, commando said:

i was told that covid was going to go away when biden was elected.   guess that was fake news

Don't forget that, despite the fact that covid would disappear the day after the election, Biden was also going to lock down America immediately after inauguration because of the covid that disappeared. As a conservative, this obvious paradox confused even me, I must admit. And neither happened, to boot. But politics seems to give people goldfish-brains.

Also, I was guaranteed by family members that Biden will be forcibly removed by Democrats and replaced by Kamala Harris within 6 months. Tomorrow marks 6 months from the inauguration, so prepare for President Harris' debut! j/k my party has been largely hijacked by a form of New Age Gnosticism where (unfalsifiable at best) gibberish posted on websites with more monetized ads than actual content is "real news" and everything else is fake. I hear the pope was secretly arrested and executed on child trafficking charges for the 18th time in the last decade. Neat :dumdum

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
10 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Say what Hannity/Fox News????  Have you actually seen the light????????

So, what has happened that caused this about face?  

What will be interesting to see is if this turns into the standard mantra on the network.  And...will the MAGAts in congress like MTG and Boebert start being pro vaccine?

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

32 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, what has happened that caused this about face?  

What will be interesting to see is if this turns into the standard mantra on the network.  And...will the MAGAts in congress like MTG and Boebert start being pro vaccine?

I don’t watch Hannity ever so for those that do, was he actively telling people not to get vaccinated before?  I’ve seen tweets from Mediaite that say he’s been against Vaccine Mandates but that would be very different than being anti-Covid vaccination. 

• Plus1 2
9 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Is it really surprising?

A vaccine is invented. Millions of Americans get vaccinated. Deaths and infection rates plummet. Finally we can resume life, and millions of Americans start gathering maskless again. 

Infection rates creep back up because millions still aren't vaccinated and a stronger variant is now working its way through. But America is finally doing better than everyone else in the world. 

So it's not like we go back to square one. Vaccinated people are enjoying the benefits of being vaccinated, including protection from the variants. The spikes appear to come from regions with low vaccination rates and anti-vax sentiment. It's a choice they've made, and for the moment they are a threat to themselves rather than those who've chosen vaccination. 

I don't wish ill on the ill-informed, but it is free-market Darwinism in action. 

Unfortunately the longer people hold out the more likely it starts to negatively impact people who are vaccinated.

23 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I wonder why there is such a big disparity in hospitalization rates of vaccinated people between the US and UK?  Hopefully it’s not a sign of what’s to come here 

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-vallance-corrects-mistake-to-say-60-of-people-being-admitted-to-hospital-with-coronavirus-are-unvaccinated-12359317

Pretty crazy right? Makes me want to see the numbers of both countries. US says 97% of hospitalizations are unvaccinated and UK says 60% of hospitalizations are unvaccinated. Both sets of numbers show the vaccine is valuable but still quite a difference. 

8 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Pretty crazy right? Makes me want to see the numbers of both countries. US says 97% of hospitalizations are unvaccinated and UK says 60% of hospitalizations are unvaccinated. Both sets of numbers show the vaccine is valuable but still quite a difference. 

Ya I can’t figure this one out.  I assume both countries are being truthful with the numbers.  I should go back an re-read the story to see if UK has more J&J vaccinations causing the difference.  

Isreal is also experiencing more Biontech/Pfizer vaccinated patient hospitalizations than the US.  But again, overall it is still a positive vaccine. 

• Plus1 1