The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

2 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

That the things I say about Joe and Kamala are "right wing"? I dont need Fox news to tell me Joe has no clue what he is saying most days. Just listen to him. I dont need to watch Fox news to listen to the VP debate, I dont need to watch Fox news to watch a 60 minute interview with Fauci. I avoid all the network shows from both sides because they are both full of crap. If it isnt an actual interview or a speech etc I can watch/listen to it isnt worth my time. All the media currently is is talk show hosts giving their opinions. That goes for MSNBC, CNN, FOX etc. 

I am on record as vigorously opposing Biden as the Dem nominee, and holding my breath every time he spoke extemporaneously. 

But I've been pleasantly surprised by his ability to articulate the moment and issue. Obama may have been more eloquent, but so far Biden's been more clear and honest. Trump's pure venal idiocy is off the charts. 

"No clue what he is saying most days" is cheap trash talk. If you don't actually watch or listen, then don't offer this opinion. If you trade only in the word salads Joe has occasionally lapsed into his whole career, then you're really not interested in what he has to say.

Leaving us with another huge false equivalency. Biden and Trump are both politicians. Fox and CNN are both ratings chasing networks. But if your criteria is factual accuracy, they're not in the same ballpark. Bulls#!t is bulls#!t, but there's a war on science and facts going on right now and it's genuinely dangerous to pretend both sides are equal. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2

all the words I posted pertaining to them I found on cbs, msn and 60 minutes....I am not talking about Joe at the debates, I am talking about Joe as president. I constantly have no clue what he is saying. I honestly feel bad that he is in the situation he is as the democratic party had better candidates. I would have supported a Tulsi or would have entertained the idea of a Yang. I am not some right winger. I support marriage between any two consenting adults, I support the decriminalization of many drugs. I guess I am fiscally conservative which doesnt seem to be a talking point for republicans or democrats anymore as both love to print money. Is that a right winger or am I doing it wrong? 

None of this is true.

Show us CBS, MSN and/or 60 Minutes clips - they're all on YouTube or Twitter - where you have "no clue" what he's saying.

It's OK. We'll wait. Take your time.  Because we know.

I would have supported a Tulsi

No. Really? Provide links to her speeches or statements that make you want to vote for her.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
39 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Ok Mitch.  What game are you playing now.  At this point if people listen to him I'm actually very ok with it.  Doesn't change the fact that he's slime to me.

At least he's saying it now...and the correct message.

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Except for possibly the early NY Covid situation, none of our major Hospital systems were ever overwhelmed, including the Fall and Winter spikes.  We had some rural systems that had issues for a week or so from time to time, but that was the extent of it.  
We all need to remember that Hospitals want to be at 90+% capacity at all times.  They are designed for it, along with flex capacity during times such as Covid or bad flu seasons. 

This is absolutely f#&%ing false.

There were shortages of ventilators nation wide. Doctors and nurses had to determine who would and wouldn't be vented (basically deciding who's dying). Entire hospitals in major cities became COVID units, and patients who needed ICU nurses got nurses who lack any ICU training at all. Nurses and other staff didn't get to take breaks for their 12 plus hour shifts, and sometimes didn't even get to go to the bathroom let alone eat because they had to be bedside keeping people barely alive. PPE was lacking and ordered to be reused indefinitely.

They were overwhelmed.

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

Ok Mitch.  What game are you playing now.  At this point if people listen to him good.  If that's what it takes anyway.  He's still slimy.

It's almost like their base is dying off...

12 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Except for possibly the early NY Covid situation, none of our major Hospital systems were ever overwhelmed, including the Fall and Winter spikes.  We had some rural systems that had issues for a week or so from time to time, but that was the extent of it.  
We all need to remember that Hospitals want to be at 90+% capacity at all times.  They are designed for it, along with flex capacity during times such as Covid or bad flu seasons. 

What an attempt to rewrite history.

• Plus1 4
12 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Ok Mitch.  What game are you playing now.  At this point if people listen to him good.  If that's what it takes anyway.  He's still slimy.

Is there a politician who is not slimy? :dunno  I guess I can think of a few who are at least consistent. 

• Plus1 2

12 hours ago, knapplc said:

None of this is true.

Show us CBS, MSN and/or 60 Minutes clips - they're all on YouTube or Twitter - where you have "no clue" what he's saying.

It's OK. We'll wait. Take your time.  Because we know.

No. Really? Provide links to her speeches or statements that make you want to vote for her.

Literally all of this is true. But it is ok Knapp. Keep on your right winger witch hunt. I used CBS, MSN and 60 minutes for the Fauci statement, for Kamala at the VP debates etc. I havent provided any source for Joe and his buddy corn pop because he has word salads quite often and I don't think that is any kind of super secret. Trump is a raging nutjob and Joe reminds me of my grandpa in the early stages of his dementia that ended up being Alzheimer's. This isnt a slight at the guy it truly sucks. BUT there is no way anyone honestly thinks either of those two are two of the best our country has to offer as leaders.  

• Plus1 3
Just now, Hedley Lamarr said:

Literally all of this is true. But it is ok Knapp. Keep on your right winger witch hunt. I used CBS, MSN and 60 minutes for the Fauci statement, for Kamala at the VP debates etc. I havent provided any source for Joe and his buddy corn pop because he has word salads quite often and I don't think that is any kind of super secret. Trump is a raging nutjob and Joe reminds me of my grandpa in the early stages of his dementia that ended up being Alzheimer's. This isnt a slight at the guy it truly sucks. BUT there is no way anyone honestly thinks either of those two are two of the best our country has to offer as leaders.  

If by true you mean a right-wing caricature of President Biden and VP Harris, we can agree. But you're ingesting that caricature from somewhere is all I'm saying.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

If by true you mean a right-wing caricature of President Biden and VP Harris, we can agree. But you're ingesting that caricature from somewhere is all I'm saying.

So you dont think Joe has several gaffes and word salads where you have no idea what he is actually trying to say? I mean I have watched interviews on ABC, CBS, Livestreams from Facebook or Twitter etc. Kamala wasnt liked by the democratic voters based on her polling during the primaries so I am not sure why it is far right wing to not like her at all. 

• Plus1 3