The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

49 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Because he is the FORMER president? 

There is some truth to this. The conversation needs to move away from Trump, no matter how tempting and relevant it may seem. 

If Hannity and McConnell are now on the unambiguous pro-vaccination campaign, they might as well unite to discredit the Stop The Steal and QAnon narratives that have paralyzed the GOP, and gently move the party from whatever Trump is bleating from Mar-a-Lago. Trump will always have his true believers and remain an entertaining side show, but most Republican voters will shrug and concentrate their talking points on Crazy Joe and Commie Kamala. Free of Trump, Republicans and Democrats can return to what they've always been: two wings of the same party, feeding from the same trough. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

8 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

There is some truth to this. The conversation needs to move away from Trump, no matter how tempting and relevant it may seem. 

If Hannity and McConnell are now on the unambiguous pro-vaccination campaign, they might as well unite to discredit the Stop The Steal and QAnon narratives that have paralyzed the GOP, and gently move the party from whatever Trump is bleating from Mar-a-Lago. Trump will always have his true believers and remain an entertaining side show, but most Republican voters will shrug and concentrate their talking points on Crazy Joe and Commie Kamala. Free of Trump, Republicans and Democrats can return to what they've always been: two wings of the same party, feeding from the same trough. 

back to the swamp! :lol:

• Plus1 1

Trump is an a$$ that likes to talk about himself and embellish everything he says.

Biden is having cognitive issues and is a gaff a minute. Some in the press politely call it “going off script”. If you look at past quotes from both, you will find questionable/bad comments ....not to mention actions. Most of these politicians just say/do what it takes to stay in power. 

• Plus1 2

Anyone see this from the Wash Post?

I thought a lab leak theory was plausible a year and not because Trump said it. I am not sure about the NIH funding gain of function, but this Josh dude has been digging into it. A real reporter perhaps? :blink:

Hey guys, @RandPaul was right and Fauci was wrong. The NIH was funding gain of function research in Wuhan but NIH pretended it didn't meet their "gain of function" definition to avoid their own oversight mechanism. SorryNotSorry if that doesn't fit your favorite narrative.
  • Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

27 minutes ago, nic said:

Anyone see this from the Wash Post?

I thought a lab leak theory was plausible a year and not because Trump said it. I am not sure about the NIH funding gain of function, but this Josh dude has been digging into it. A real reporter perhaps? :blink:

Hey guys, @RandPaul was right and Fauci was wrong. The NIH was funding gain of function research in Wuhan but NIH pretended it didn't meet their "gain of function" definition to avoid their own oversight mechanism. SorryNotSorry if that doesn't fit your favorite narrative.

Yes, someone with there eyes open to the information.  What a refresher. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

https://www.al.com/news/2021/07/im-sorry-but-its-too-late-alabama-doctor-on-treating-unvaccinated-dying-covid-patients.html

“All these kids are about to go back to school. No mask mandates are in place at all, 70% of Alabama is unvaccinated. Of course, no kids are vaccinated for the most part because they can’t be,” Cobia said. “So it feels like impending doom, basically.”

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, commando said:

https://www.al.com/news/2021/07/im-sorry-but-its-too-late-alabama-doctor-on-treating-unvaccinated-dying-covid-patients.html

“All these kids are about to go back to school. No mask mandates are in place at all, 70% of Alabama is unvaccinated. Of course, no kids are vaccinated for the most part because they can’t be,” Cobia said. “So it feels like impending doom, basically.”

We have still not had talks about remote learning and I don't think we will, which is odd since we were quick to shut down when it first happened.

I hope we don't go remote, I go from being a very ineffective teacher to a totally ineffective teacher BUT it is pretty convenient to "teach" from home and to email classes the night before, giving them an assignment to complete and then going golfing the next day (Love teaching seniors!)

11 minutes ago, commando said:

Kids have never been an issue in Covid outside of a very small fraction. 

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

We have still not had talks about remote learning and I don't think we will, which is odd since we were quick to shut down when it first happened.

I hope we don't go remote, I go from being a very ineffective teacher to a totally ineffective teacher BUT it is pretty convenient to "teach" from home and to email classes the night before, giving them an assignment to complete and then going golfing the next day (Love teaching seniors!)

we have not reached herd immunity here yet...but we have exceeded the 30% immunization that alabama apparently has.