The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

17 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:
1 hour ago, GSG said:

ARDS case too, she’s in dangerous territory. First of many unfortunately

Yes she is. Only 36. It’s why I get annoyed when it’s pathophysiology gets minimized as just another “flu” and only the elderly and chronically ill are at risk. We simply don’t know yet.  

1 minute ago, Decoy73 said:

Yes she is. Only 36. It’s why I get annoyed when it’s pathophysiology gets minimized as just another “flu” and only the elderly and chronically ill are at risk. We simply don’t know yet.  

It'd be interesting to see her H&P, - smoker/nonsmoker, underlying conditions (asthma or bronchitis), ect. Also she's been in Omaha for a week+, so uhhhh, good luck on containment. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, GSG said:

We got 5 now! Run @JJ Husker, run! 

After these past few years of virus infested cruises, I don’t think you could pay me enough to go on a cruise. I heard that one cruise ship, the people are confined to their cabins for 21 days. Can’t come out and can’t leave the ship. They gotta stay in their little bitty closet room. There’s a fun vacation.

46 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I don't get why people travel overseas...the flight alone is like a virus.

And a cruise???  No thanks.

I have a couple of employees that I'm trying to talk out of traveling overseas due to this, but they aren't getting that it's a huge risk right now so not much I can do about it. The wife, kids and I usually take a cruise every year around May, but not this year. 

52 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

It'd be interesting to see her H&P, - smoker/nonsmoker, underlying conditions (asthma or bronchitis), ect. Also she's been in Omaha for a week+, so uhhhh, good luck on containment. 

It will. If she lacks any of the classic co-morbidities that increases risk with seasonal influenza, then.....uh oh. 

Normally these things don't concern me much. I'm fairly healthy, not THAT old and I don't tend to get colds or flu often. But I am on a medication that supposedly wrecks my immune system. Theoretically I would fall in to that immune compromised category. So I don't want to find out how I would fare too badly. Although I do have my doubts about how useless my immune system really is. Ever since I started this medication 5+ years age, I don't recall being sick once.

58 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Normally these things don't concern me much. I'm fairly healthy, not THAT old and I don't tend to get colds or flu often. But I am on a medication that supposedly wrecks my immune system. Theoretically I would fall in to that immune compromised category. So I don't want to find out how I would fare too badly. Although I do have my doubts about how useless my immune system really is. Ever since I started this medication 5+ years age, I don't recall being sick once.

You’ll be good, hand hygiene and don’t touch your face without clean hands. Hopefully summer will help reduce the impact and by next winter we can find a vaccine. I think you have the attitude everyone should have, don’t panic but be cautious. 

2 hours ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

I have a couple of employees that I'm trying to talk out of traveling overseas due to this, but they aren't getting that it's a huge risk right now so not much I can do about it. The wife, kids and I usually take a cruise every year around May, but not this year. 

Right now I can get you a great deal on a round trip to China...interested?  

• Haha 1

A word of warning. I don't know where all this deal has spread to but if it's not in your state/area yet, and you're inclined to want to stock up on any groceries, especially disinfectant, Clorox, wipes, hand sanitizer, etc. you should get them now. Maybe it's happening everywhere already but boy did the grocery stores get emptied around here in a hurry. I wouldn't call it mass hysteria but it's kinda like that.