The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

On 11/27/2020 at 9:37 PM, Archy1221 said:

This study from someone associated with Johns Hopkins is saying no increase in overall deaths in the US this year.  

https://web.archive.org/web/20201126223119/https://www.jhunewsletter.com/article/2020/11/a-closer-look-at-u-s-deaths-due-to-covid-19

And, I'm assuming this idiot still thinks the world is flat too.

Yeah....it's normal in the US for Hospitals in cities to have refrigerated trucks out back to hold all the dead bodies.

It's also normal in NYC for them to dig mass graves.

Cool...huh?

• Plus1 1

48 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

And, I'm assuming this idiot still thinks the world is flat too.

Yeah....it's normal in the US for Hospitals in cities to have refrigerated trucks out back to hold all the dead bodies.

It's also normal in NYC for them to dig mass graves.

Cool...huh?

Who says it’s cool? 

I don’t know if she ever thought the Earth was round, and if she did at one time think that, no idea if she still does.  I’m sure you could ask her though.  Her contact info is on the Johns Hopkins website 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

As stated previously, what is incorrect with the screenshot (not meme) of the headline and the article the headline comes from?   Sounds to me like Hogan had a choice and he chose unwisely.  

As I recall you were chided for providing the headline and pic, but not the article itself. So that was kinda meme like. 

Reading the article it sounds like Hogan made the South Korean deal first, and only then was he approached with a better domestic deal. Unclear the consequences or risks if Hogan had rescinded the purchase. He may well have been playing politics and made a bad deal. He may also have made a rushed deal, because no one was coordinating a national effort. Hogan might be an a$$h@!e ginning things up for a Presidential run. I don't know the guy. 

So fair enough. What do you think the story reveals in a larger sense? It's almost like you're saying the Trump administration's response to COVID wasn't as bad as the lamestream media makes it. 

• Plus1 1

51 minutes ago, commando said:

they finally get the message.  how much damage have they done by denying this message for so long?  the world may never know.

Masks work I wear one when around others indoors at stores.  But this science message needs to go all the way.  The same people recommending masks (GOOD), have also just closed schools (TERRIBLE) while allowing in person athletic competitions to take place (just plane stupid If schools are closed) 

How much damage are these clowns causing this generation of kids by denying in-person learning when the science says it’s safe.  Fauci even had an interview in this subject recently.  It’s astonishing how anti-science Education leadership is in KC metro 

• Plus1 1
44 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Masks work I wear one when around others indoors at stores.  But this science message needs to go all the way.  The same people recommending masks (GOOD), have also just closed schools (TERRIBLE) while allowing in person athletic competitions to take place (just plane stupid If schools are closed) 

How much damage are these clowns causing this generation of kids by denying in-person learning when the science says it’s safe.  Fauci even had an interview in this subject recently.  It’s astonishing how anti-science Education leadership is in KC metro 

i don't understand how people think kids can't catch covid and spread it around to parents, neighbors, teachers, etc.   a virus doesn't care how old or young you are.   if this virus does it's the first virus to ever act that way.  being young may help you avoid the worst effects...but that doesn't spare mom and dad.  grandma or grandpa.    or anyone else of the people out wondering around without masks like most of nebraska does,

1 minute ago, commando said:

i don't understand how people think kids can't catch covid and spread it around to parents, neighbors, teachers, etc.   a virus doesn't care how old or young you are.   if this virus does it's the first virus to ever act that way.  being young may help you avoid the worst effects...but that doesn't spare mom and dad.  grandma or grandpa.    or anyone else of the people out wondering around without masks like most of nebraska does,

Fauci was saying that getting kids back into school is a higher priority than gyms or bars or restaurants being open. It was more about picking which risks we should be taking.

Fauci said authorities should 'close the bars and keep the schools open' to cut down on coronavirus infection spread