The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

I can tell you that MOST of the students are great with the masks, not sure what @Cdog923 and @funhusker see at their buidlings.

But the students are always right next to each other, always on top of each other, always touching.  Just had a student come in to class and go hug her 3 besties.

Again, my guess as for tthe reason they are not super spreaders is because they are not getting tested.  They feel fine.  

So the contact tracing won't work either because when someone else gets it, they can't trace it back to a kid at school that "never had it"

• Plus1 2

I recall earlier this summer when it was reported that teachers would not be able to file workman's comp claims for contracting covid, the rationale used was "it cannot be proven that the faculty member contracted the virus during the performance of work activities." 

In my mind, that is the same rationale they are using to say that schools are not spreading the virus. Essentially the thought process is, "You cannot prove that the students are contracting it at school rather than elsewhere, so we are simply going to deny any transmission in schools and use that to justify keeping schools open in spite of sky rocketing numbers within communities." 

I think this approach is terrible, but I think that it is exactly what is occurring. 

Most schools around here are basically just pretending that there is no need to test kids or keep them home.

Back in march we closed down after like 1 case...now we have more cases than anyone ever imagined and we are open.  

@Archy1221 To answer your question, I don't know for sure!

I think one winter sports team is all currently in lock down.

You are welcome.  Am I a "hero" I don't know, that is for all of you to decide.  Do I deserve more credit than say, firemen?  Yes, I do.  I may not carry a big hose and wear suspenders with my shirt off while posing for a calendar but I am still changing lives, perhaps saving lives and shaping the future...

Every 

Single

Day

Except during breaks and on Fridays when I usually show a Shark Tank or Band of Brothers.

• Haha 1

@Archy1221 - Siding with the scientists is the best way to go. They understand the data. The problem is there is no contact tracing and a "head in the sand attitude" about in school transmission so the data is likely flawed. Therefor the quote - "the data clearly shows us that you can operate these schools in face-to-face learning in a safe and responsible way." -  Could very well be attributed to the fact that "the data", in all likelihood, is flawed.