The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

12 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Hey, it could get better...

Cuomo won an Emmy, or Nobel, or some such prize after killing thousands of New Yorkers.

The whataboutism is irrelevant.  First Cuomo is a douchebag.  Secondly he was dealing with a virus we knew nothing about and without a mountain of data pointing to vaccinations, masks, and distancing as ways to stem the tide.  He made his mistakes but he didn't do literally nothing, as DeathSantis is doing .... well unless you count discrediting the experts in the field as doing something.

I said a month ago today that Ronnie had boxed himself in politically, trying to be the new standard bearer for Trumpism.  He can't suddenly start acting responsibly.  His base, if they survive, would excoriate him.  

Pretty s#!tty tactics when lives are in the balance.   But Cuomo...

• Plus1 1
18 hours ago, funhusker said:

But I’m also for requiring “administrators” to be qualified professionals and not former teachers with a few extra years of college.

A former English teacher with an Admin Degree isn’t qualified to oversee a districts plan for growth.  People actually go to school for things like that!

...how do you think teachers get Admin degrees?

9 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

...how do you think teachers get Admin degrees?

Educational Admin degree does not equal construction management degrees, consumber finance degrees, business administration degree, HR degrees, city planning degrees, property management degrees, etc.

2 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Educational Admin degree does not equal construction management degrees, consumber finance degrees, business administration degree, HR degrees, city planning degrees, property management degrees, etc.

And? Being an administrator requires experience in the field plus additional education. How is that any different than any of those fields you just listed?

1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

And? Being an administrator requires experience in the field plus additional education. How is that any different than any of those fields you just listed?

Being an admin requires an Admin Degree.  Experience in the area they are “administrating” would be a great bonus. So much so that I would like to see it be a requirement.

A person graduating with a Construction Management degree will have approximately 48 credit hours in the field of construction, project scheduling, financing, etc.  Thing directly related to the focus of the job.

An admin requires around 45 credit hours spread over many areas like budgeting, educational law, Human Resources, and curriculum planning.  Great for a building principals, not so much for a person overseeing building remodels and new construction.

I guess I should be clearer, I’m talking the “central office” administrators.

edit: my district actually has a guy in charge of facilities and purchasing that is good at his job.  But I could easily see how most former teachers would struggle in that job. An Admin degree is a very small part of prepping for that position.

2 hours ago, Scarlet said:

The whataboutism is irrelevant.  First Cuomo is a douchebag.  Secondly he was dealing with a virus we knew nothing about and without a mountain of data pointing to vaccinations, masks, and distancing as ways to stem the tide.  He made his mistakes but he didn't do literally nothing, as DeathSantis is doing .... well unless you count discrediting the experts in the field as doing something.

I said a month ago today that Ronnie had boxed himself in politically, trying to be the new standard bearer for Trumpism.  He can't suddenly start acting responsibly.  His base, if they survive, would excoriate him.  

Pretty s#!tty tactics when lives are in the balance.   But Cuomo...

Looks like they both did a sh*tty job. But I know one thing...the left must be super worried about Ronnie. Every 2 minutes they post/comment/tweet about him :ohnoes

8 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Looks like they both did a sh*tty job. But I know one thing...the left must be super worried about Ronnie. Every 2 minutes they post/comment/tweet about him :ohnoes

i am afraid the right wingers will elect the knowitall from florida.  

17 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Being an admin requires an Admin Degree.  Experience in the area they are “administrating” would be a great bonus. So much so that I would like to see it be a requirement.

A person graduating with a Construction Management degree will have approximately 48 credit hours in the field of construction, project scheduling, financing, etc.  Thing directly related to the focus of the job.

An admin requires around 45 credit hours spread over many areas like budgeting, educational law, Human Resources, and curriculum planning.  Great for a building principals, not so much for a person overseeing building remodels and new construction.

I guess I should be clearer, I’m talking the “central office” administrators.

edit: my district actually has a guy in charge of facilities and purchasing that is good at his job.  But I could easily see how most former teachers would struggle in that job. An Admin degree is a very small part of prepping for that position.

giphy.gif

Ok, that makes sense. We're good.