The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

8 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Damn auto combine function :wacko:

I always edit the combined post and delete the 2nd post, then wait a minute and resend it.

I think if there's one thing everyone regardless of political leaning can agree on, it's that the combine post function is stupid and we all hate it.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 6

53 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I always edit the combined post and delete the 2nd post, then wait a minute and resend it.

I think if there's one thing everyone regardless of political leaning can agree on, it's that the combine post function is stupid and we all hate it.

There’s always something that can bring us together. 

53 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I see there is no reasoning with you. Sticking to the party line messaging on the combine function I see.

:D

29 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Could you share that research? The research I've seen suggests that those who had covid should still get the shot, even if it's one shot. The CDC also recommends it. 

Israeli research showing the protection levels are near or equal to the vaccine.  And I’m not saying just get infected and not the vaccine (for those of you out there who take everything I say out of context.). 

In a previous post, I said that I personally believe they should get vaccinated also.  But they are protected according to the current data and should not be shamed.  Even Fauci had a hard time saying why those previously infected should get vaccinated when he was on with Sanjay Gupta and Gupta presented him with the Israeli data.   

I will find the paper and post soon.  

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Is there any reason not to shame those who could get vaccinated, but won't? Especially the Ivermectin/Hydroxychloroquine nutters? Because those are the people keeping us in this mess, spreading the virus when they could be helping ramp it down.

I see no logical reason not to belittle those people. Where's the justification in letting them continue to screw it up for the rest of us with impunity?

I agree that it is within your rights to do so...freedom of speech and all that. I guess my question is, if the action won't cause the desired reaction, why continue to do it? It seems like it continues to make people see red, when it has not shown to change the trajectory. 

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Israeli research showing the protection levels are near or equal to the vaccine.  And I’m not saying just get infected and not the vaccine (for those of you out there who take everything I say out of context.). 

In a previous post, I said that I personally believe they should get vaccinated also.  But they are protected according to the current data and should not be shamed.  Even Fauci had a hard time saying why those previously infected should get vaccinated when he was on with Sanjay Gupta and Gupta presented him with the Israeli data.   

I will find the paper and post soon.  

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.24.21262415v1

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Is there any reason not to shame those who could get vaccinated, but won't? 

Main reason would be that it’s clearly not an effective tactic. It’s done out of frustration (understandable), like throwing your remote control when watching the Huskers. 

Serves only to entrench them further. What has seemed to help is to slowly make life less convenient if you’re unvaccinated. 

• Plus1 3
30 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Main reason would be that it’s clearly not an effective tactic. It’s done out of frustration (understandable), like throwing your remote control when watching the Huskers. 

Serves only to entrench them further. What has seemed to help is to slowly make life less convenient if you’re unvaccinated. 

Yeah, I don’t think shaming or belittling are being done to produce a result. Its clearly just a function of frustration and anger. Nobody should think these things are being done to get through to the unvaccinated. IMO it’s understandable and should be expected. And you’re right, the only things left to change their minds are making life less and less convenient for them. The messaging and reasoning clearly hasn’t worked, time to crank up the heat.

• Plus1 4

Surely no one here is going to pretend there isn't a facet of society they make fun of. Libs, nerds, fans of other teams, whatever. 

Let's not try to pretend that deriding a particular group is beyond the pale here. We've seen too much of each other's interactions on this board to believe that.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Surely no one here is going to pretend there isn't a facet of society they make fun of. Libs, nerds, fans of other teams, whatever. 

Let's not try to pretend that deriding a particular group is beyond the pale here. We've seen too much of each other's interactions on this board to believe that.

I believe your original point was that you saw no logical reason to NOT belittle people.  I think doing something that serves no real purpose would seem illogical.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1