The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

It shouldn't surprise anyone that "Republicans" would push this synthetic covid virus, made in a lab BS. Always looking for a boogeyman. Frankly surprised they havent blames Hilary or Hunter Biden on its origin yet. Or maybe they have, I dont know. They could be blaming the Easter Bunny for all I know. Hard to keep track with their excuses. 

• Plus1 2

22 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Your guys pinned tweet says he still believes Covid 19 began in the Wuhan wet market:facepalm:

Hard to take him seriously with that still up.  

Ummm...this has actually gone through the peer review process unlike the garbage you posted. :facepalm:

https://newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/covid-tied-to-wildlife-sales-at-wuhan-market

An international team of researchers reports today that live animals sold at the Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market in Wuhan, China, were the likely source of the COVID-19 pandemic that has claimed 6.4 million lives since it began nearly three years ago.

“Rigorously combining all available evidence surrounding the emergence of SARS-CoV-2 clearly demonstrates that the virus jumped at least twice from animals to humans at the Huanan market,” said Dr. Marc Suchard, a UCLA Fielding School of Public Health professor of biostatistics. “Identifying multiple transmission events finally puts to rest a single origin from elsewhere.”

The publications, which have since gone through peer review and include additional analyses and conclusions, virtually eliminate alternative scenarios that have been suggested as origins of the pandemic

We had been gathering data collected from across Wuhan’s wet markets…which put our team in the right place at the right time to document the wild animals sold in these markets in the lead up to the pandemic

https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/science-blog/wet-market-sources-covid-19-bats-and-pangolins-have-alibi

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/07/26/health/wuhan-market-covid-19/index.html

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/science.abp8715

https://publichealth.jhu.edu/2022/origins-of-sars-cov-2

Ok shoot.  Post your one off Taiwanese study that hasn't been peered reviewed but is not surprisingly being tauted by right-wing websites.

If it turns out Covid started somewhere other than the wet market then so be it.  But the reason you're posting the garbage study you did is so obvious and tired.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 3
  • TBH 1
22 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

But the reason you're posting the garbage study you did is so obvious and tired.  

Believe it or don’t believe it.  It doesn’t matter to me.  I’m currently skeptical of it, but it’s worth reading and following since patient zero still hasn’t been found.   

Im sorry that people being scientifically inquisitive is tiring for you.  

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Believe it or don’t believe it.  It doesn’t matter to me.  I’m currently skeptical of it, but it’s worth reading and following since patient zero still hasn’t been found.   

Im sorry that people being scientifically inquisitive is tiring for you.  

What specifically in the data are you skeptical of?  At what point in the logical progression of the tweets do you find yourself differing with the author?

• Plus1 2

24 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

So why is it ‘hard to take seriously’?

1) to my current knowledge, scientists haven’t traced a Wuhan animal yet to Covid 19 transmission.  If I’m wrong please let me know.  

2). The timeline bantered around doesn’t fit that narrative 

3)  I’ll have to find this again, but sourcing has gone back to Sept 2019 though sample destruction has made this hard nail down exactly

4). China wants us all to believe the wet market story.  (Or the NC lab theory). China isn’t very trustworthy.  

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

1) to my current knowledge, scientists haven’t traced a Wuhan animal yet to Covid 19 transmission.  If I’m wrong please let me know.  

2). The timeline bantered around doesn’t fit that narrative 

3)  I’ll have to find this again, but sourcing has gone back to Sept 2019 though sample destruction has made this hard nail down exactly

4). China wants us all to believe the met market story.  (Or the NC lab theory). China isn’t very trustworthy.  

1). Appeal to Ignorance

2). ‘Narrative bantered around’?

3). Appeal to Ignorance

4) Tu Quoque

It is a theory, which means it’s not proven. But it is plausible, not laughably inaccurate…which you seem to be indicating. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

1). Appeal to Ignorance—correct.  The wet market theory appeals to ignorance

2). ‘Narrative bantered around’?—-Sept is earlier than Dec in the calendar

3). Appeal to Ignorance—-Your data for this is where 

4) Tu Quoque—not really into Latin, or the hypocrisy insinuation  

• Plus1 1