*** Husker FB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

Why is Osborne being credited for 33 years? He was head coach for 25 years, 73 thru 97. Not that it matters but no reason to stretch the truth here. The reality is plenty good on it’s own.

I think Nebraska is being credited with 33 years and they just used a picture of Osborne because he was the HC for most of it.  It was HuskGuys who tried to credit it all to Osborne.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 3
1 minute ago, Mavric said:

I think Nebraska is being credited with 33 years and they just used a picture of Osborne because he was the HC for most of it.  It was HuskGuys who tried to credit it all to Osborne.

That is exactly what they did. I’m all for diminishing Saban and Alabama but stretching reality wasn’t required in this case.

• Plus1 1

I still don’t understand why this play was banned. 

Question:  is it still against the rules if the QB actually just hands it off to the lineman?  I think it would still work that way. But, I don’t think linemen are athletic enough anymore to have a big gain like this. Or, it’s rare. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I still don’t understand why this play was banned. 

Question:  is it still against the rules if the QB actually just hands it off to the lineman?  I think it would still work that way. But, I don’t think linemen are athletic enough anymore to have a big gain like this. Or, it’s rare. 

Isn't that the same as the big hubbub in the NFL this weekend with the OL not reporting (or the refs missed it etc) and catching a pass for Detroit's 2 PT conversion?  Lineman aren't allowed to handle the ball on a set play I didn't think.  Not to say that really makes a ton of sense, but it is the rule AFAIK.

1 hour ago, runningblind said:

Isn't that the same as the big hubbub in the NFL this weekend with the OL not reporting (or the refs missed it etc) and catching a pass for Detroit's 2 PT conversion?  Lineman aren't allowed to handle the ball on a set play I didn't think.  Not to say that really makes a ton of sense, but it is the rule AFAIK.

This is correct and why it had to be a “fumble”