The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

The J6 insurrection is the lowest hanging fruit with the best video clips, but I wish people wouldn't make it the single disqualifier. It's really a sidebar to a much bigger story: unambiguous, from the horses mouth evidence that Donald Trump actively plotted and strategized overturning the election, interferring, manipulating and threatening various branches of government to lie and decieve the American public in an attempt to hold office like a third world dictator. Most of it was done within the confines of the electoral system, so an electoral-based punishment makes perfect sense. If you're a Supreme Court judge, the act of threatening various Secretaries of State to find you votes by any means necessary is a much clearer and actionable charge than parsing responsibility for a public riot. 

If January 6 had never happened, the case against Trump remains huge and unprecedented. 

This is super true.  I guess J6 is the most interesting or best ratings grab but clearly there is more and more and more that could be talked about and basically disqualify him.  

The bolded part, one would think, would be all it should take to make him not eligible to run 

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It rarely generates the headlines, but the election of local judges probably affects our lives more than most other votes. DA, too. 

I’ve said this same thing multiple times on the board too.  Local elections affect daily lives much more than national elections 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
2 hours ago, nic said:

I don't need judges doing what they did. In Colorado we can vote to retain or not to retain judges. I have the names of 4 judges that, if given the opportunity, I will not vote to retain them. I have the names of 3 judges that I will vote to retain. All 7 are democrat appointed. 

So, you want to vote out judges that upheld the constitution. Interesting. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 4
3 hours ago, nic said:

I don't need judges doing what they did. In Colorado we can vote to retain or not to retain judges. I have the names of 4 judges that, if given the opportunity, I will not vote to retain them. I have the names of 3 judges that I will vote to retain. All 7 are democrat appointed. 

What did the 4 judges do that you think they shouldn’t have? They didn’t create the lawsuit that came before them. Do you think the argument that Trump engaged in insurrection isn’t strong enough for the decision they made? 

• TBH 1

• TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election