The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, Moiraine said:

The polls aren’t showing this. When he is in the poll, Trump does better with the margin. 

Yeah I could see that being the case. My thoughts were just my personal hunch.

I know a lot of folks need their doom fuel, but honestly I don’t sweat polls at all right now because polls in February are worthless.

• Plus1 1

When are the Dems going to jettison Joe? 11 of 13 independents are picking Trump as of today.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2024/02/13/opinion/independents-biden-focus-group.html

To a striking degree, most of the participants tilted toward Mr. Trump, even though they disliked his personality.

The participants’ comments indicated that most did not feel they were in good hands with Mr. Biden or trust that they would be, using words like “senile,” “unfit” and “disingenuous” to describe him. And while the group viewed Mr. Trump negatively, some people suggested that the country was on its toes more with him in office.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 4
  • TBH 2
On 1/2/2024 at 3:20 PM, BigRedBuster said:

No, it’s Dems that are following the constitution.  

Received my Colorado primary ballots yesterday and Trump is on there. I guess the Colorado election officials decided the court decision was going to get overturned anyway, so they might as well save the money on reprints.

2 hours ago, nic said:

Received my Colorado primary ballots yesterday and Trump is on there. I guess the Colorado election officials decided the court decision was going to get overturned anyway, so they might as well save the money on reprints.

I believe the judge stayed the ruling until the SC decided if they would take up the case or not.

• TBH 3

I suspect any 3rd party effort would hurt Biden the most.  Trump cult will come out in force for him.  Perhaps some of the fence straddling GOPers might vote for Manchin/Romney if they are a 'I'll never vote for a Democrat for president' type. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/joe-manchin-floats-mitt-romney-potential-running-mate-rcna138977

Sen, Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., danced around his interest in launching a third-party presidential bid here Thursday, but he endorsed a potential running mate if he does.

“Hypothetically, if I was picking my running mate, really who I would ask right now is Mitt Romney,” Manchin said, identifying the Republican senator from Utah.

Manchin also said he would consider former Sen. Rob Portman, a Republican from Ohio, as a vice-presidential pick.

“Rob’s a dear friend of mine,” Manchin said. “What a good man.”

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
On 2/12/2024 at 3:28 PM, Archy1221 said:

Wait what?!???   Last time you said it was so they could save a few cents on cheese?   

Yes, this what is known as humor. I know that if Newsmax didn't tell you to laugh that you won't, but really I'm making an attempt to show what really motivates the median voter - the answer to which is astoundingly simple. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:
On 2/12/2024 at 3:28 PM, Archy1221 said:

Yes, this what is known as humor. I know that if Newsmax didn't tell you to laugh that you won't, but really I'm making an attempt to show what really motivates the median voter - the answer to which is astoundingly simple. 

Oh, sorry.   Always thought humor was supposed to be funny:dunno.   

How do you know I wouldn’t laugh and why would you say I watch Newsmax?  

It’s astonishing that peoples wallets motivate them.  Actually, it isn’t astonishing 

• Plus1 1
22 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I believe the judge stayed the ruling until the SC decided if they would take up the case or not.

I can't find the article from early January/late December, but whoever was in charge of getting the ballots out said she wasn't going to have Trump removed assuming the ruling was going to be reviewed by SCOTUS... or something like that Actually I may have posted it before. Let me check. I am still hoping I get a chance to not retain the judges. ;)... unless SCOTUS agrees with them. It's smelling like a SCOTUS shutout against it.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Worth a Look 1
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election