When will the B1G pull the plug on our football season?

When will the B1G pull the plug on our football season?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. When will our season officially get cancelled?

• August 22nd or sooner (within 2 weeks)
    • August 23rd to September 5th (just prior to first game)
    • In September after after first game
    • In October or November
    • Cancelled? You crazy....we’re getting the whole enchilada.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/12/2020 at 08:22 AM

It's a game of chicken right now to not be the first P5 conference to cancel. They will cancel before the season, this isn't happening.  My money is on the Pac 12 going first, but I could see Mr. Warren taking the B1G first. I actually see the Big 12 being last, they seem more stubborn than the SEC right now even.

I say within the next 10 days it happens most likely, definitely before 9/5.

My gut feeling is within the next two weeks but, considering they haven't done it yet and seem to be hoping against hope to preserve revenue, I'm going with the two weeks prior to the first game  Hope I'm wrong but I don't see them playing a single game.

So can they let them practice and continue to lift and basically treat this as a spring but no pads? I mean they aren’t gonna get any safer than they are now. Especially if they go home and we know that minority communities are hit way harder. 

let’s be real..they don’t care about player safety it’s the PR image if someone does get sick/seriously hurt and the impending lawsuit. 

even then, that likelihood is extremely low given all the precautions & that these guys are a lot healthier than the general population (even of that age group). 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
13 minutes ago, Decked said:

So can they let them practice and continue to lift and basically treat this as a spring but no pads? I mean they aren’t gonna get any safer than they are now. Especially if they go home. 

let’s be real..they don’t care about player safety it’s the PR image if someone does get sick/seriously hurt and the impending lawsuit. 

even then, that likelihood is extremely low given all the precautions & that these guys are a lot healthier than the general population (even of that age group). 

You wanna know who is happy and hoping for a cancellation?

Every coach on the hot seat.  They just got a free pass and and more than likely a year added on to their contract.

• Plus1 4

3 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

I just think there's a difference between cancelling a season before it starts and cancelling halfway through. 

I voted we "cancel" sometime in October/November

I agree, it's something different but I have no idea what else you would call it. If we get five games in and then they pull the plug, they have effectively cancelled the remainder of the season. There's really no other way to put it.

5 hours ago, Decked said:

So can they let them practice and continue to lift and basically treat this as a spring but no pads? I mean they aren’t gonna get any safer than they are now. Especially if they go home and we know that minority communities are hit way harder. 

I think they should treat the fall like spring camp and do a spring season. There has already been alot of lost time on the practice front. 

10 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

I think they should treat the fall like spring camp and do a spring season. There has already been alot of lost time on the practice front. 

I have zero idea on how the logistics would work and/or legality but I'd love to see if the teams could somehow cook up scrimmages if the season gets cancelled.

37 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

I have zero idea on how the logistics would work and/or legality but I'd love to see if the teams could somehow cook up scrimmages if the season gets cancelled.

If they are not allowed to play actual games, at the expense of additional revenue losses, there is absolutely no way in hell anyone is going to allow them to scimmage for free. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1