Nebraska parents letter

51 minutes ago, knapplc said:

From the article you linked up there:

This guy may well turn out to be the best commissioner ever. But he's an unknown. Shaw had never heard of him - from what I understand, most nobody had heard of him in the college sports world.

Why are you so sure he's a home run hire? Did you know of him before he was a candidate for the P12 Commissioner?

You have never heard of George Kliavkoff?  Dude, the guy is a LEGEND!  He came up with the little ad on Hulu that shows up when you pause your show, he also switched Hulu from one shade of green to another, dude pretty much has changed the way people stream AND he also implemented a police of NOT having to use a "special symbol" in your password.  

The fact that you have not heard of George "Special K" Kliavkoff really says more about you.

Oh wait, never mind, I have never heard of him either, I am guessing no one has. 

Look at the comment section of the article. 

The Ohio State people commenting are far more down on Kevin Warren than the biggest critics of him here. They seem to be on the verge of taking action- for a grass roots attempt to getting Warren fired. #firekevinwarren The criticism there is very aggressive. 

Also the Parents of Ohio State - Maybe they have something brewing for Mr Warren. "To the Big Ten parents organizations that participated in zoom meetings, emails, and phone calls, Thank You! We will see you soon!"

34 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Look at the comment section of the article. 

The Ohio State people commenting are far more down on Kevin Warren than the biggest critics of him here. They seem to be on the verge of taking action- for a grass roots attempt to getting Warren fired. #firekevinwarren 

Also the Parents of Ohio State - Maybe they have something brewing for Mr Warren. "To the Big Ten parents organizations that participated in zoom meetings, emails, and phone calls, Thank You! We will see you soon!"

That’s why I said I think he will be fired soon. Why else would have OSU released all these documents?

They want him gone....so he will be. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

That’s why I said I think he will be fired soon. Why else would have OSU released all these documents?

They want him gone....so he will be. 

I certainly hope so- but I highly doubt it. He has immunity. 

Lucky for him though on the very odd chance he was fired. Hes never moved to Chicago- he has that going for him. Hes still living in Minnesota and commuting a few days a week. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Nebraska55fan said:

I certainly hope so- but I highly doubt it. He has immunity. 

Lucky for him though on the very odd chance he was fired. Hes never moved to Chicago- he has that going for him. Hes still living in Minnesota and commuting a few days a week. 

So, he knew it would be a short term gig and wasn’t committed to it. 

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, he knew it would be a short term gig and wasn’t committed to it. 

Yes, 

He thought he would come in and do some simple social justice warrior bandaids and put a few banners up and parlay that into the NFL Comish job- thanks to his little league trophies and employee of the month participation certificates. Even the ultra woke NFL probably wont take him now- so he's collecting a check here until an easy make work gig presents itself or people wake up and he gets fired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYgo96LM3Wk

The tough thing has been for B1G athletics is tying to keep balance.   You have to balance common sense, trying to keep a competitve edge and a few bat s#!t crazy presidents who think their schools are in the Ivy League.  Throw in a commish who seems to do nothing and is clueless, you had a perfect storm.

Covid wasn't the cause, just the catalyst.  

I think the athletic departments want to compete, we just have schools who don't have the leadership that will let them.

Add in KW not allowing baseball teams to play OOC- even teams coming to Lincoln or 50 miles away.  Thanks to KW there is NO post season baseball tourney but there was a post season basketball tourney.

Thanks to that NU isnt hosting a regional

Thanks to that a 31-12 team that is 11-1 over the last 12 got put in the SAME REGIONAL as the NUMBER ONE OVERALL SEED. 

This guy is making over 4 MILLION A YEAR

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2021 at 1:33 PM, Nebraska55fan said:

Add in KW not allowing baseball teams to play OOC- even teams coming to Lincoln or 50 miles away.  Thanks to KW there is NO post season baseball tourney but there was a post season basketball tourney.

Thanks to that NU isnt hosting a regional

Thanks to that a 31-12 team that is 11-1 over the last 12 got put in the SAME REGIONAL as the NUMBER ONE OVERALL SEED. 

This guy is making over 4 MILLION A YEAR

Not to justify KW's actions (or lack thereof, all things considered), but putting us in the Arkansas regional did put us one inning away from one of the biggest upsets in College Baseball and allowed the B1G to at least help give the SEC a black eye (that NC State finished). 

Some of the time, there's a silver lining to things. Even KW's incompetence and abject failure.  

• Plus1 1