Censorship

Anyone else think it will be funny to watch Twitter get depantsed?

On Thursday, The Free Press editor Bari Weiss revealed Twitter's efforts to suppress prominent conservatives, a resurfaced September 2018 clip of Dorsey's testimony to a congressional committee was asked point-blank whether Twitter "censors" its users. 

She pointed to Stanford University's Dr. Jay Bhattacharya, a longstanding opponent of COVID groupthink during the pandemic who expressed opposition to lockdowns. 

"Twitter secretly placed him on a 'Trends Blacklist,' which prevented his tweets from trending," Weiss reported.

• TBH 1

15 minutes ago, nic said:

On Thursday, The Free Press editor Bari Weiss revealed Twitter's efforts to suppress prominent conservatives, a resurfaced September 2018 clip of Dorsey's testimony to a congressional committee was asked point-blank whether Twitter "censors" its users. 

She pointed to Stanford University's Dr. Jay Bhattacharya, a longstanding opponent of COVID groupthink during the pandemic who expressed opposition to lockdowns. 

"Twitter secretly placed him on a 'Trends Blacklist,' which prevented his tweets from trending," Weiss reported.

Anyone else think it would be funny if users learned how to attach links to their posts?

• Haha 1
  • TBH 2
5 hours ago, nic said:

I think Keith has his undies in a bunch.

Keith Olbermann urged the U.S. Senate to investigate Musk over him revealing the inner workings of his own company, writing, "It's time for Senate hearings into what scheme @elonmusk is up to, what terrorist or foreign influence is involved, and what can be done to remove this public medium from his malign control."

• TBH 1

49 minutes ago, nic said:

I think Keith has his undies in a bunch.

Keith Olbermann urged the U.S. Senate to investigate Musk over him revealing the inner workings of his own company, writing, "It's time for Senate hearings into what scheme @elonmusk is up to, what terrorist or foreign influence is involved, and what can be done to remove this public medium from his malign control."

Not an Olberman fan at all, but to provide some clarity, he's speaking about the fact that Mr. Musk is now accusing the past ownership of Twitter of censoring TFG and interfering in the election.  That's a pretty aggressive accusations and Mush is saying he has evidence.  It probably should be investigated.  Unless you all (and by all I mean the roughly 1/3 of the country that says the election was stolen) now believe that the election was a fair one and the right guy won soundly.  

You can't have it both ways you know.  

If it's true it should be investigated, if it's not and Mr. Tesla is just yodeling again to create drama, there is reason to believe that he's been urged to make these accusations for a reason, or for someone.

Realistically this Musk is dreaming up some drama to be rolled out every couple days to try and impact stock prices and stay relavant. This is another on top of the others, he's only ensuring the advertisers stay away.

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, NM11046 said:

Not an Olberman fan at all, but to provide some clarity, he's speaking about the fact that Mr. Musk is now accusing the past ownership of Twitter of censoring TFG and interfering in the election.  That's a pretty aggressive accusations and Mush is saying he has evidence.  It probably should be investigated.  Unless you all (and by all I mean the roughly 1/3 of the country that says the election was stolen) now believe that the election was a fair one and the right guy won soundly.  

You can't have it both ways you know.  

If it's true it should be investigated, if it's not and Mr. Tesla is just yodeling again to create drama, there is reason to believe that he's been urged to make these accusations for a reason, or for someone.

Realistically this Musk is dreaming up some drama to be rolled out every couple days to try and impact stock prices and stay relavant. This is another on top of the others, he's only ensuring the advertisers stay away.

The 2020 election was not stolen. Neither was 2016. Twitter deciding to ban certain stories before the election and call it Russian disinformation was flat out wrong, and they did it so the story would not affect the election. I do not believe the story would have affected the outcome of election AND it should not have been removed. Hunter peddling his Dad’s influence isn’t surprising. It probably happens all the time. It just gives the have nots something to complain about. I think someone should investigate why the FBI went to Big Tech with the Russia disinformation story because we should be able to trust the FBI. this should before someone investigates Twitter.

• Haha 3
  • TBH 1
2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Explain.

I assumed you meant since Musk took over and I think everything he does is intentional whether it appears to hurt his business or not. I am not sure his goal is to run a profitable business