Biden's America

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

"Election takeover bill"....lol.   yeah let's make sure those states that historically, and currently, suppress voting rights aren't held to democratic standards.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/freedom-to-vote-act-john-lewis-voting-rights-bill-explainer-2022-1%3famp

Have you compared the GA and TX bills to some Democrat state control election laws?   It will be enlightening for you 

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Biden says if the election takeover bill (look what it all entails) isn’t passed, the election probably won’t be legitimate.   This isn’t true, and the election takeover bill is much much much more than what you think.  

Link to where he used the bolded words please, thanks.

25 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Link to where he used the bolded words please, thanks.

It’s been posted twice:

I mean, sure, but — I’m not going to say it’s going to be legit.  It’s — the increase and the prospect of being illegitimate is in direct proportion to us not being able to get these — these reforms passed

If the election takeover bill isn’t passed an illegitimate election is in direct proportion to that not being passed.  His own words. 

your welcome 

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

It’s been posted twice:

I mean, sure, but — I’m not going to say it’s going to be legit.  It’s — the increase and the prospect of being illegitimate is in direct proportion to us not being able to get these — these reforms passed

If the election takeover bill isn’t passed an illegitimate election is in direct proportion to that not being passed.  His own words. 

your welcome 

Okay just wanted to make sure we're on the same page that he never actually said the election, "probably won’t be legitimate" and that's just your interpretation of what he meant. Cool carry on.

• Plus1 5

I haven't heard about anything in the Georgia voting law that made me think it was bad. It doesn't mean there is not something in there that is bad and I don't know it. Maybe this isn't the right topic thread for asking, but feel free to post what's bad about the law.

The Texas law on the other hand had some items in there that where not good, but I think they ended up removing them...not sure about that however. 

• Plus1 2

17 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Okay just wanted to make sure we're on the same page that he never actually said the election, "probably won’t be legitimate" and that's just your interpretation of what he meant. Cool carry on.

If the bill is “probably” not going to be passed, and according to Joe’s exact words of the

“the increase and the prospect of being illegitimate is in direct proportion to us not being able to get these — these reforms passed” 

Then that means if those two things are in DIRECT PROPORTION, he is saying the election will “probably” be illegitimate.   Glad we are on the same page so we can carry on.   

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
On 1/22/2022 at 6:28 PM, nic said:

I haven't heard about anything in the Georgia voting law that made me think it was bad. It doesn't mean there is not something in there that is bad and I don't know it. Maybe this isn't the right topic thread for asking, but feel free to post what's bad about the law.

The Texas law on the other hand had some items in there that where not good, but I think they ended up removing them...not sure about that however. 

Change in early voting hours in some counties - a bunch of new rules for absentee voting - taking away ballot drop boxes.  

I believe (don't have time to go verify) that these changes impact specific communities than others.  Mostly areas with more diversity in their population.

1 hour ago, NM11046 said:

Change in early voting hours in some counties - a bunch of new rules for absentee voting - taking away ballot drop boxes.  

I believe (don't have time to go verify) that these changes impact specific communities than others.  Mostly areas with more diversity in their population.

Districts having different rules would be a red flag. I can’t think of what would justify that.

• Plus1 1

GA:

1) biggest change is a non-partisan chairperson will oversee the election board instead of Secretary of State

2) Election Board can replace up to four local election superintendents if necessary

3) counties cannot accept outside funding for election administration

4) If voters had to wait more than an hour to check in, in previous election, local officials must address it before next election

5) no mobile voting precincts 

6) expanded early in person voting days to 17, including a Saturday. Counties can include 2 Sundays 

7). Absentee ballot request must be 11 days prior to election with DL or state ID

8) Drop boxes are now permanent option but capped at a certain number

9) must be located in an early vote location 

10) voters need to ask for absentee ballot

• Plus1 2
On 1/22/2022 at 1:58 PM, Archy1221 said:

It’s been posted twice:

your welcome 

I find it funny that you choose to ignore the beginning of the conversation.

Q    Thank you, sir.  I just wanted to clarify: A moment ago, you were asked whether or not you believed that we would have free and fair elections in 2022 if some of these state legislatures reformed their voting protocols.  You said that it depends.  Do you — do you think that they would in any way be illegitimate?

THE PRESIDENT:  Oh, yeah, I think it easily could be — be illegitimate. 

Imagine — imagine if, in fact, Trump has succeeded in convincing Pence to not count the votes. 

Q    Well, I — 

THE PRESIDENT:  Imagine if —

Go on.

Q    In regard to 2022, sir — the midterm elections.

THE PRESIDENT:  Oh, 2022.  I mean, imagine if those attempts to say that the count was not legit.  “You have to recount it and we’re not going to count — we’re going to discard the following votes.”

I mean, sure, but — I’m not going to say it’s going to be legit.  It’s — the increase and the prospect of being illegitimate is in direct proportion to us not being able to get these — these reforms passed.

The beginning of the conversation indicates that he is talking about if something like what Trump wanted Pence to do is done.  Trump and his people have worked to get local election officials in place to do just that.

They were asking Pence to go against millions of votes.  Luckily he didn't.  If he had done what Trump wanted, the results that the Senate claimed, should be looked at as illegitimate.  

So....in 2022, if they do that at the local level, the election should be questioned.  And, Biden is somehow tying the bill to preventing that from happening.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2