Biden's America

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Tell me how you imagine my answer then I will.  

Read it again. I said "You make it sound like your answer would be worse than we already imagined" because you literally declined to post it for public consumption. 

I'm saying I can't imagine it would be worse than the thousands of posts you didn't prefer to take to DMs.

Prove me wrong!

9 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Read it again. I said "You make it sound like your answer would be worse than we already imagined" because you literally declined to post it for public consumption. 

I'm saying I can't imagine it would be worse than the thousands of posts you didn't prefer to take to DMs.

Prove me wrong!

Your words say “worse than we already imagined”.  How do you imagine it to be currently”  

Your implication with the previous statements suggest you’ve already imagined it and your imagination doesn’t have a good view of you think I’m going to say. In the interest of transparency, unlike what you are providing after being asked, I’ll give it a go.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Your words say “worse than we already imagined”.  How do you imagine it to be currently”  

Your implication with the previous statements suggest you’ve already imagined it and your imagination doesn’t have a good view of you think I’m going to say. In the interest of transparency, unlike what you are providing after being asked, I’ll give it a go.  

I'm already bored. If you still want off the hook I'll give you a pass and assume you had a palatable response.

If it really was dark, pointed, and juicy enough to warrant a TOS, I'd be happy to read it in a DM.  

• TBH 2

2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I'm already bored. If you still want off the hook I'll give you a pass and assume you had a palatable response.

Thanks man.  Really appreciate it!  

It’s my opinion that Easter, being the holiest day on the Christian calendar, deserves to be revered as such.  Transgender Day could have been celebrated/acknowledged/proclaimed, for a day earlier or a day later this year out of respect.  

It’s my opinion that having these Transgender Days and celebrating Transgenderism is a disservice a great deal of confused young adults who get wrapped up into the false ideology by members who really don’t have the best interest of the said individuals well being.   They just want to advance what I think can be described as a cult that preys upon confused/mentally unstable young adults looking for where they fit in in life.  They are looking for acceptance somewhere and people wanting to promote the transgender ideology are more than happy to rope them in.  

It’s my personal opinion that transgenderism is a mental illness that shouldn’t be celebrated and instead those people should get the therapy they need and deserve.   I’m speaking from someone who is extremely close to an affected person whose life was almost completely destroyed getting pulled into that life.  

It’s fact that there are a minuscule amount of cases where a person was born with both sex organs and parents chose one that didn’t quite match up to what the child’s puberty and mental state as an adult made them out to be.  That is quite different than so so so many kids who are confused in life and get pushed into thinking it’s a gender issue and they were just born with the wrong sex organs, etc…..

it’s my personal opinion that parents do a disservice to kids confused about life and push them into thinking they are just the wrong gender.  Bulls#!t.  

It’s my personal opinion that Dr.‘s are doing kids a disservice by allowing kids and actually sometimes promoting kids to think they need to change genders.  Bulls#!t 

It’s my opinion that a kid under the age of 8 who barely even knows much difference between boys and girls has the capacity to decide they were born the wrong gender and that kinda s#!t is celebrated.  Bulls#!t.  

It’s my personal opinion that drug companies should get out of the business of puberty blockers for kids wanting to “transition” to a different gender.   Bulls#!t.  

it’s my personal opinion that none of that should be celebrated on the holiest day of the Christian calendar.  

It’s my personal opinion that transgenderism is a gender dysphoria mental issue being pushed as something else for who knows what reason.  

So there ya go.  I would prefer other young teens/recently turned adults not have to go through what someone very close to me went through, and what she says others she knows have gone through.  

All my personal opinion of course because a question was asked and no disrespect intended for any board member.  

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

It’s my opinion that having these Transgender Days and celebrating Transgenderism is a disservice a great deal of confused young adults who get wrapped up into the false ideology by members who really don’t have the best interest of the said individuals well being.   They just want to advance what I think can be described as a cult that preys upon confused/mentally unstable young adults looking for where they fit in in life.  They are looking for acceptance somewhere and people wanting to promote the transgender ideology are more than happy to rope them in.  

Huh, interesting. You just described the exact same thing that I and millions of others experienced with evangelicalism :lol: 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
31 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Huh, interesting. You just described the exact same thing that I and millions of others experienced with evangelicalism :lol: 

OMG. Same thought. The irony.

And just think of all the children raped in the name of transgender religion. All the wars fought in the name of transgender religion.

The harms religions have wrought on humanity dwarf those committed by transgender folks. It's Jupiter compared to Pluto.

• Plus1 1

16 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

It also reads like a perfect description of MAGA voters. 

• Haha 1
21 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Thanks man.  Really appreciate it!  

It’s my opinion that Easter, being the holiest day on the Christian calendar, deserves to be revered as such.  Transgender Day could have been celebrated/acknowledged/proclaimed, for a day earlier or a day later this year out of respect.  

It’s my personal opinion that transgenderism is a mental illness that shouldn’t be celebrated and instead those people should get the therapy they need and deserve.   I’m speaking from someone who is extremely close to an affected person whose life was almost completely destroyed getting pulled into that life.  

It’s fact that there are a minuscule amount of cases where a person was born with both sex organs and parents chose one that didn’t quite match up to what the child’s puberty and mental state as an adult made them out to be.  That is quite different than so so so many kids who are confused in life and get pushed into thinking it’s a gender issue and they were just born with the wrong sex organs, etc…..

it’s my personal opinion that parents do a disservice to kids confused about life and push them into thinking they are just the wrong gender.  Bulls#!t.  

It’s my personal opinion that Dr.‘s are doing kids a disservice by allowing kids and actually sometimes promoting kids to think they need to change genders.  Bulls#!t 

It’s my opinion that a kid under the age of 8 who barely even knows much difference between boys and girls has the capacity to decide they were born the wrong gender and that kinda s#!t is celebrated.  Bulls#!t.  

It’s my personal opinion that drug companies should get out of the business of puberty blockers for kids wanting to “transition” to a different gender.   Bulls#!t.  

it’s my personal opinion that none of that should be celebrated on the holiest day of the Christian calendar.  

It’s my personal opinion that transgenderism is a gender dysphoria mental issue being pushed as something else for who knows what reason.  

So there ya go.  I would prefer other young teens/recently turned adults not have to go through what someone very close to me went through, and what she says others she knows have gone through.  

All my personal opinion of course because a question was asked and no disrespect intended for any board member.  

Thanks Archy. Seriously. Truth is, this is what I envisioned you wanting to post, but avoided because it's pretty loaded with stuff other posters would jump on. It's still perfectly within the realm of healthy P&R discussion. 

Since you believe transgenderism shouldn't be celebrated at all, the Easter part is pretty moot. Assumption remains that supporting transgender people flies in the face of Christianity. 

As the father of a child who has identified as trans since roughly 20, I maintain plenty of questions and concerns myself. I do think there's a social movement attached, and that the whole issue is going through a phase that may look different in a few years, just as the nomenclature has changed too fast for poor dad to keep up. I've also been forced to learn a lot from a multitude of sources, both anecdotal and scientific.

If I could disabuse you of only one thing today, it's that this is being driven by parents and doctors and agenda mongers. It's simply not. It's being driven by young people at a fairly great risk to themselves, and as they're emerging, parents and doctors and society at large is being asked to adjust and accept. The science isn't perfect, but it's increasingly clear that a small number (under 1%) of humans are born with some kind of trans-gender identity, and likely have been across cultures and throughout history, as God made them. It's an anomaly, not a mental illness. Plenty of tough issues remain, including medical intervention on minors, but the vast majority of trans people -- hell any people -- report life-changing benefits when allowed to be yourself. 

• Thanks 2
  • TBH 3
21 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

As the father of a child who has identified as trans since roughly 20

Which is the reason I was hesitant to post in the first place.  I knew this and didn’t want to come across as attacking you or your loved one on a personal basis by either choosing a poorly placed word or having a thought taken out of context.  

25 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

The science isn't perfect, but it's increasingly clear that a small number (under 1%) of humans are born with some kind of trans-gender identity, and likely have been across cultures and throughout history, as God made them. It's an anomaly, not a mental illness.

I agreed in my post that a I believe a very small amount of people have a genetic anomaly that allowed them to produce both sex organs and a choice at birth or close to birth was made which could have been the wrong one.   However, the amount of people identifying as trans/non-binary is at an extremely high number compared to what the science says.  It’s a mental illness or a coping mechanism for those people IMO.  

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2022/06/07/about-5-of-young-adults-in-the-u-s-say-their-gender-is-different-from-their-sex-assigned-at-birth/

29 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If I could disabuse you of only one thing today, it's that this is being driven by parents and doctors and agenda mongers. It's simply not. It's being driven by young people at a fairly great risk to themselves, and as they're emerging, parents and doctors and society at large is being asked to adjust and accept.

I need to push back on this as we read story after story after story of kids under 10 years living a life of a different gender than their birth.   We both talked about the scientific numbers yet we read about parents who somehow have 3 trans/non-binary children!   And the pediatrics interviewed go along with it.  Courts go along with it.   Those kids are screwed in my personal opinion.   The amount of Hollywood stars that have transgender kids doesn’t come anywhere near to where the science says it comes out to be.  

Court cases are constantly in the news where parents get divorced with kids and one says the boy is a boy and one says the boy is a girl, Court says the boy needs to be referred by both parents as a girl:dunno  How does a young child know this?  Kids younger than 5 are being raised opposite their birth gender.  That’s crazy and parents are driving that IMO.  

Anyways, appreciate the civilized discussion, hope for the best for you and your child, that you both live long happy healthy lives and I will return this back to being The Big Guy’s America thread :D

• Plus1 2
44 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

supporting transgender people flies in the face of Christianity. 

It is the antithesis of what Jesus taught. Lots of people want to cloak themselves in Christian piety and righteousness, but their words & actions betray them.

That International Transgender Day coincided with Easter this year does literally nothing to a Christian. And yet, here we are, four days later, still frothing about it. 

Jesus would shake the dust off his feet after walking away from someone making this argument.

• Plus1 2

Welp, here ya go @Guy Chamberlin  you and I have a little back and forth discussion and some dude ^^^^^^^ claims it to “froth” four days later.   As if said dude thinks I’m the one bringing it up or  “frothing” about it.  Kinda why it pointless to discuss the tough issues here 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 2