Biden's America

14 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

:leghump:

It's not a mistake that she came from the same talent agency as Marjorie Taylor-Greene. I firmly believe these people are paid to create chaos and distraction. They have no governing experience and they have no serious intentions on governing at all. They're just there to distract.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
57 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It's not a mistake that she came from the same talent agency as Marjorie Taylor-Greene. I firmly believe these people are paid to create chaos and distraction. They have no governing experience and they have no serious intentions on governing at all. They're just there to distract.

Hard to tell. Talent agency is pretty close. I think these women love the cameras and showbiz of politics and have profited well beyond their meager pre-elected careers. They're operating in office on the same terms that got them elected, so I'm not convinced it's orchestrated. But they do get elevated by the people who run the CPac circuses and shrill tent revival shows, not to mention a media that is pretty much guaranteed a jaw-dropping quote in every staged appearance. My guess is the GOP establishment and donor class dislikes and resents them, and may prefer they go away. The distraction doesn't necessarily work in their favor -- it's a wing of the party they really can't control. But that wing has funders of its own. 

• Plus1 1
19 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I don't know what Dems expected, but they certainly wanted proof that Trump had colluded with Russia to win the election, a charge so egregious and overtly law-breaking that Republicans would be helpless to protect him and join in his immediate removal from office. In hindsight, even that might not have changed much, given that Trump has eluded charges for attempting to overthrow his next election.

Personally? I never thought Russian interference swung the election. Like a lot of Democrats, I was mostly left wondering about the Trump voters the pollsters seemingly missed, some clueless strategy by the Clinton campaign, and the DNC's loyalty to Clinton in the first place. 

But if the info was pure bogus and there was nothing of consequence, members of Trump's inner circle would have had no reason to lie or go to jail. Which they did. 

Also gotta remember that Trump refused to believe there was such a thing as Russian interference. He stood next to Vladimir Putin and said he believed Putin over the unanimous assessment of all 17 U.S. intelligence agencies, and proceeded to make exactly the kind of decisions Putin wanted from an American president That's far from nothing. It's hard to think of any other President getting away with it. Instead, a large segment of American conservatives and rightwing media went pro-Russia in order to maintain loyalty to Trump. 

Russia hoax? f#&% that s#!t. 

Never said it was a hoax...I said he was setup and his campaign was dumb enough to fall for it. Russians had supposed dirt on Hillary and they went for it. I am sure all campaigns want dirt to use. The thing that most affected the election was Comey and his last minute announcement on Hillary's hard-drive.

• Plus1 1

29 minutes ago, nic said:

Never said it was a hoax...I said he was setup and his campaign was dumb enough to fall for it. Russians had supposed dirt on Hillary and they went for it. I am sure all campaigns want dirt to use. The thing that most affected the election was Comey and his last minute announcement on Hillary's hard-drive.

Are you accusing the FBI of being weaponized against Democrats? 

fwiw: the difference between a "set-up" and a "hoax" isn't much in this case. 

• Oh Yeah! 1
2 hours ago, nic said:

And yet Republicans claim the FBI is so horribly against them.  :laughpound

On 6/20/2023 at 4:41 PM, ZRod said:

Then why are you even commenting if you are determined to be ignorant on the subject? You're opinion is worthless at this point.

It’s very valuable to me…:D

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

6 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Are you accusing the FBI of being weaponized against Democrats? 

fwiw: the difference between a "set-up" and a "hoax" isn't much in this case. 

No. I am thinking Comey was pulling a CYA and didn’t think it through.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

And yet Republicans claim the FBI is so horribly against them.  :laughpound

Let me say that I was shocked Comey did it. I think it was some sort of…..I don’t know….saving his reputation??? And it backfired in spectacular fashion.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
3 hours ago, nic said:

Let me say that I was shocked Comey did it. I think it was some sort of…..I don’t know….saving his reputation??? And it backfired in spectacular fashion.

Yep….I’m pretty sure he’s been a life long Republican and the FBI has always been dominated by republicans…..but, somehow he’s part of the deep state that does everything against republicans.  

• Plus1 1