Who should be our starting QB?

Moiraine

Who should be our starting QB?  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don’t unless they are the best player. Or....we are so far ahead that it’s junk time.   

It’s more important that this program wins games and the guys learn how to win.  

You don't learn how to win sitting on the bench, when you know, and are ready play at this level. jmo

GBR!!!

3 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I still think Martinez has the higher ceiling of the two, and I'm not convinced that Luke is the guy going forward. I'll be real curious to see what direction Frost goes in the off-season if Luke doesn't show any improvement from where he is now. If he can't throw the ball down the field more than 15-20 yards, how could he possibly be the future at the position?

From the sound of things, it's not that Luke doesn't have the arm strength for shots down the field, it's more a matter of consistency. Like the coaches are holding their breath when he throws it deep - sometimes it's on the money, sometimes, uhh, not so much. Supposedly he's improving, but it's pretty clear the coaches don't trust him (and the receivers) just yet. We'll see how that changes as the season goes on.

• Plus1 1
Just now, Toe said:

From the sound of things, it's not that Luke doesn't have the arm strength for shots down the field, it's more a matter of consistency. Like the coaches are holding their breath when he throws it deep - sometimes it's on the money, sometimes, uhh, not so much. Supposedly he's improving, but it's pretty clear the coaches don't trust him (and the receivers) just yet.

This...

4 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Even McCaffrey looked worse than I had thought possible.  Time for 2AM.

It’s all f***ed and it doesn’t matter. 

In Frost’s system you do want a dual threat QB but you need the guy whose primary skill is passing and is a runner second. We’ve got two guys that are the other way around.

Thus, the offensive system is broken. And you can’t un-f*** it until you have a QB who is capable of standing in the pocket and hitting guys when they’re open.

We don’t have that. Maybe Smothers? We’ll see.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

I think Frost should have given 2AM a shot for the whole 2nd half. He definitely has higher upside in the passing game. Now that teams see the limited passing game playbook Luke can actually execute, they will shut him down like they did today. Routes were wide open, but Luke doesn’t read the field very well nor can he make the throws. I think people are starting to see that Luke can look great in limited doses when he gets to rep a limited set of plays and doesn’t shoulder the load. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Neither Luke nor 2AM have really done anything to be the starter, but I think you go back to AM next week to see what he does. 

I feel like Adrian throws into quadruple coverage better 

28 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

I think Frost should have given 2AM a shot for the whole 2nd half. He definitely has higher upside in the passing game. Now that teams see the limited passing game playbook Luke can actually execute, they will shut him down like they did today. Routes were wide open, but Luke doesn’t read the field very well nor can he make the throws. I think people are starting to see that Luke can look great in limited doses when he gets to rep a limited set of plays and doesn’t shoulder the load. 

And I think he deserves an entire game 

• Haha 1

A lot wrong today so hard to form opinions on the QB position exclusively.  However, it was fairly obvious Luke missed a lot of reads.  There were a lot of wide open guys.  Something to keep in mind though, a lot of the wide open guys were due to Luke's success running the ball.  AM looks like the better overall option but not excited either way.... <_<