Trump's Post Election Fallout: Legal & Obstruction actions

On 7/15/2022 at 11:50 AM, Guy Chamberlin said:

Lord knows I'm not defending Trump, but my bet is that his fundraising button is a separate widget attached to every post.

It needed to occur to him to have it removed from this particular post, which would require a few steps. 

If it had occurred to him that it was bad optics when honoring your dead ex-wife, it might not have mattered, either. 

Yeah I don’t imagine it was a conscious decision to add the button but it probably was to not remove it. Pretty much par for the course either way.

1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

Merrick Garland.  Zero coconuts.  References the great 'Bill Bar'....  America certainly thanks you...   :steam

Amen to that last tweet. Garland's job isn't to protect the political class.  It is to administer justice fairly.   There are several GOP senators, Congressmen/women, and one Ex-President who need to be hauled before the court for trial regardless of an election or not. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

The elites aren't going to be prosecuted like the rest of us? I'm shocked, SHOCKED.

How can anyone call trump and 'elite'.  He was a outsider from the start who thought he was better, smarter than all of the elites.  I find it particularly confusing why anyone would protect him from justice being served. Unless, they fear, it could happen to 'their guy' the next time around. 

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

How can anyone call trump and 'elite'.  He was a outsider from the start who thought he was better, smarter than all of the elites.  I find it particularly confusing why anyone would protect him from justice being served. Unless, they fear, it could happen to 'their guy' the next time around. 

Trump might not be liked by some of the elite, but he is rich and powerful, so he's one of the elites. If Trump as one of the rich and powerful can be prosecuted, then it opens the door for more of the rich and powerful to be prosecuted. The system is designed not to prosecute those people. Lots of the morons who went into the Capitol Building will be prosecuted and maybe a few of the aides or leaders of a few groups, but I doubt anyone with money or power even gets prosecuted let alone convicted or sentenced to anything meaningful.

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Trump might not be liked by some of the elite, but he is rich and powerful, so he's one of the elites. If Trump as one of the rich and powerful can be prosecuted, then it opens the door for more of the rich and powerful to be prosecuted. The system is designed not to prosecute those people. Lots of the morons who went into the Capitol Building will be prosecuted and maybe a few of the aides or leaders of a few groups, but I doubt anyone with money or power even gets prosecuted let alone convicted or sentenced to anything meaningful.

I'm trying to figure out how someone who brags about being a billionaire (yeah right) from Manhattan, flies around in a private jet, lives in a luxurious golf resort in Florida....isn't considered an "elite"?

And, while on the subject, how someone like that convinced so many rural blue collar people that he's awesome and has their best interest at heart.  

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

And, while on the subject, how someone like that convinced so many rural blue collar people that he's awesome and has their best interest at heart.  

This is the part that's shocking to me. Trump has clearly telegraphed for decades how much he couldn't give a crap less about rural and blue collar people, but somehow they still fall for it.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

This is the part that's shocking to me. Trump has clearly telegraphed for decades how much he couldn't give a crap less about rural and blue collar people, but somehow they still fall for it.

It's been that way for decades in the US.  The lower-class, blue collar, white workers have always put the "elite" on a pedestal, as people they aspire to be.  That's why they vote on policies which align to the elite, rather than what's for their best interest.

• Plus1 1