Penn State Week Pressers

knapplc

1 hour ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Sorry if this has been posted and I missed it.  With PSU just coming off a game with Maryland who now has a Covid outbreak, have there been any signs PSU might have positive cases?

Just read they are preparing to play, but monitoring their players/staff.....Fingers crossed.  We need a win.  A down PSU is still PSU.

10 minutes ago, huskerhaze said:

Buckeye message boards have them wishing they could play non conference game

Sir Yacht says they contacted Bama.....

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

The prettiest throw from Martinez all day was a deep shot to Vokolek, the problem was he had a DB draped all over him that broke it up because he doesn't seem to be that fast. Sort of questioning the Hickman move at this point if we're not getting him on the field at WR - I like Vokolek running downfiled more than Stoll or Allen, but I'm not seeing the explosiveness at all to this point. 

The showed a front angle view of this attempt in slow motion.  Vokolek not only doesn't have speed, but his ball sense, at least on that play, was bad.  He looked completely unathletic.  The Diaco "strain" was evident on his face.  

And that was the best we felt we had for that play.

I too am not seeing the speed.  This staff knows talent, or should.  Scott had it at Oregon and UCF.  They played fast and athletically.  Why try and pump the fan base with this speed and tempo rhetoric when it is never seen on Saturday?  Being in Nebraska shouldn't allow you to move the goalpost on what speed is or objectifying talent... just like being in West Virginia shouldn't allow for you to change your standards on beauty or give you a pass for objectifying your sister. 

3 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

The showed a front angle view of this attempt in slow motion.  Vokolek not only doesn't have speed, but his ball sense, at least on that play, was bad.  He looked completely unathletic.  The Diaco "strain" was evident on his face.  

And that was the best we felt we had for that play.

I too am not seeing the speed.  This staff knows talent, or should.  Scott had it at Oregon and UCF.  They played fast and athletically.  Why try and pump the fan base with this speed and tempo rhetoric when it is never seen on Saturday?  Being in Nebraska shouldn't allow you to move the goalpost on what speed is or objectifying talent... just like being in West Virginia shouldn't allow for you to change your standards on beauty or give you a pass for objectifying your sister. 

Yeah I would think it is better suited to a WR than a tight end unless it is an athletic Jimmy Graham in his prime type of player.