Purdue - what did we learn?

I love that Adrian had a good day. Perhaps the zero bad snaps (there was one or two not so good ones) and the supportive play calling helped out a bit?  Had he had these two things in other games, I wonder if history would be a little different. I mean at one point, people were actually blaming him for the bad snaps. How does someone that wants to do well so bad not let that affect him? A s then the play calling. shaking my head. 

but really Cam Taylor Britt and D. Williams had an outstanding day and I give the game ball to them. Jo jo too 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

In 16 career games for Nebraska, Dedrick Mills has averaged 4.0 yards per carry in only four games.  None of them is this year.  Nebraska is 2-2 in those games.  He has only managed to have two games where he's had a run longer than 16 yards.  Nebraska is 1-1 in those games.

He gets what the offensive line gets him.  He does a decent job of falling forward but rarely makes the first guy miss.  He's not the answer at running back.

Hopefully some of the young guys can step up next year.

• Plus1 8

This “season” is a perfect scenario for building the perfect team- perfect for us anyway

wins/losses wont matter much because there will always be an asterisk 

a coach that demands we play and keeps his players safe while doing it

and players that keep themselves safe even when humiliated on the field. 

The coaching staff getting a little better idea about playing in the BTN and adjusting their play calling  

getting rid of guys that probably wouldn’t have fit us long term anyway and their departure making holes for new guys to step up. 

no one opting out. 

lots of good things happening 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

Our defense is good enough to hold a P5 team to negative rushing

It is very obvious to other teams that Luke McCaffrey can't throw well.  

Connor Culp is the best transfer since Lavonte David. I kid I kid. But still huge difference having a kicker makes

Levi Falck takes way too much crap for a walk on WR

Apparently multi year long snapping issues can be corrected in a week

• Plus1 2

It’s time to stop with with LM experience at QB.  I thought it would work, but it clearly doesn’t.  This team is not good enough to give up possessions.  I’d actually think he’d give the team a chance to win in another position rather than hurting them.

There isn’t a lot of celebration among the defensive players with eachother when they make a good play.  It’s just weird.

I learned that I don't need to worry about walking the earth like Kung Fu.  I couldn't bear living with myself if NU lost to a defense led by Diaco.  

Tips of the cap go to...

Jurgens and 2AM.  Whatever adjustments they made for Jurgens seemed to work well.  More of that please.  Also nice job by Martinez with no turnover or dumb throws.  

If it's true that Lubick called some plays it certainly showed.  It looked like we took more deep shots and it was nice to see Betts get a few more touches.

Connor Culp--guy has been as advertised.  Nice job with 3 touchbacks on kickoffs and it was nice to see him nail that 49 yarder.  

DL with 3 sacks against a team that had only given up 9 coming in was nice to see.

CTB/Jojo/Bootle all nice work

Other thoughts

I'm pretty much ok with Deontai Williams.  Do I wish he had a bit more discipline when it comes to dumb penalties?  Or course.  Do I want to risk losing his edge and aggressiveness?  Nope.  I'll take 10 solo tackles and 12 tackles plus a PBU in exchange for a 15 yarder every time.  I noticed he wasn't woofing as much late in the game when it started to get close so that's good.  The DBs had a tough assignment as Moore and Bell are a top 3 duo and Wright is no slouch either.

Specials teams was a net positive, bad look with Purdue getting the blocked punt.

Overall, hey it's a win and that's always good.  Hopefully they can build momentum and are able to play against Minnesota.

• Plus1 4