What is the future of the Republican Party?

On 5/30/2022 at 6:48 AM, BigRedBuster said:

Remind me again, did this brilliant person win her primary?

Five other GOP candidates offered an alternative to MTG that would no doubt cast the same votes while saying less stupid things.

But those stupid things have made MTG a celebrity in righwing circles far outside her district.

That's why MTG had a $6 million war chest just to win her primary. 

We really are f#&%ed. 

• Plus1 1

53 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

You are forgetting Phase 7, of if all of that fails, do what you can to ensure the elections are rigged in your favor.

Very true.  I was going to add - gerrymandering

I'll add it and give you the credit!

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Are you saying only Republicans try and gerrymander?  

No of course not and the Dems would take advantage if they had the opportunity.  But the GOP has it down to a science since they started to win the more local races going back to the 1990s. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, funhusker said:

You do realize that article doesn’t give reasoning for the veto and Desantis’s spokeswoman retweeted the Outkick article as if to confirm it, right?

Yes it’s why I posted it :dunno

You do realize that the local reporters are not confirming this story, right? 

You also realize she retweeted not the Outkick article, but another persons take on Ron DeSantis who retweeted the article that had this little nugget in it, right?

Florida residents had called for DeSantis to veto the spending anyway, saying that Floridians’ tax dollars should not help fund a facility for a professional sports team.

• Plus1 2
6 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Yes it’s why I posted it :dunno

You do realize that the local reporters are not confirming this story, right? 

You also realize she retweeted not the Outkick article, but another persons take on Ron DeSantis who retweeted the article that had this little nugget in it, right?

Florida residents had called for DeSantis to veto the spending anyway, saying that Floridians’ tax dollars should not help fund a facility for a professional sports team.

If you’re okay with Desantis’s decision to veto based on politics, that’s your choice.  Have at it.

The spokeswomen retweeted Josh Hamner’s take on the article without comment of her own.  To me, and most others, that says she agrees with his point.  He also has others tweets insinuating it was political and not based on fiscal conservativeness (is that a word?)

775A5C05-A7B1-4C5B-8042-71A9C6C0792C.png

• Plus1 1