What is the future of the Republican Party?

2 minutes ago, funhusker said:

How would federal money get allocated without people working to allocate it?

Special Education is also an important part of the dept.  I wouldn’t trust our Governor to make sure all kids have equal access to education, would you?

They can still have the Dept of ED but their only job would be to give out the cash.

I would trust pretty much any Gov to do the right thing with Spec Ed and hopefully to make it even better.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DevoHusker said:

I would defer to you on whether it would get worse at the State level. I am not in education, but dont see falling test scores and underperformed vs other "developed " nations as a ringing endorsement.

Again...not you or @teachercdspecifically 

I don’t pretend that our Ed system is great.  It’s totally screwed up.  It needs an overhaul for sure.  I just think it would have some pretty drastic consequences if it just “disappeared”.

kind of like we’re seeing with Roe v Wade mess.  But on a much larger scale since it would effect everyone, not just pregnant women.  

Can you imagine property taxes in Nebraska if the feds didnt chip into our public schools?!?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

They can still have the Dept of ED but their only job would be to give out the cash.

I would trust pretty much any Gov to do the right thing with Spec Ed and hopefully to make it even better.  

You have more faith in humanity than me.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I don’t pretend that our Ed system is great.  It’s totally screwed up.  It needs an overhaul for sure.  I just think it would have some pretty drastic consequences if it just “disappeared”.

kind of like we’re seeing with Roe v Wade mess.  But on a much larger scale since it would effect everyone, not just pregnant women.  

Can you imagine property taxes in Nebraska if the feds didnt chip into our public schools?!?

My taxes are high enough thank you...lol.

I really don't mean to bust anyone's chops. I am simply tired of the hyperbole

6 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

My taxes are high enough thank you...lol.

I really don't mean to bust anyone's chops. I am simply tired of the hyperbole

Understood.

im also tired of people not understanding what goes on in classrooms.  It’s why my district is most likely to have at least 2 clueless idiots elected to our board in November.  Regarding “one to one” technology (each student has a laptop; huge expense and big part of our curriculum delivery): one had no idea what it was, and the other thought it meant kids should all be allowed to have their phones so they can have the ability to contact whomever they might need to. :facepalm:

But at least we won’t ever have to wear masks again!  Unless the city requires it, of course…

• Plus1 1
14 hours ago, funhusker said:

Understood.

im also tired of people not understanding what goes on in classrooms.  It’s why my district is most likely to have at least 2 clueless idiots elected to our board in November.  Regarding “one to one” technology (each student has a laptop; huge expense and big part of our curriculum delivery): one had no idea what it was, and the other thought it meant kids should all be allowed to have their phones so they can have the ability to contact whomever they might need to. :facepalm:

But at least we won’t ever have to wear masks again!  Unless the city requires it, of course…

Ahhhh yes...school board members!