What is the future of the Republican Party?

19 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The one time I wish the little kool aid guy was blue. 

Unfortunately, I don’t think this will be the last we hear from her. 

MAGA has been crying ever since the election in arizona.    armed guys "watching " the drop boxes and protestors threatening the vote counters.  we are just starting to hear from them.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

"fight! fight! fight!"   :snacks:

This argument over who can be the crappiest GOP leader/minority leader of the house is going to be fun to watch.  How many factions will they split into do you think?  The end result being an even less valuable 2 year duration because they can't get along to do anything.  

Methinks the Liz Cheney for speaker might actually be the winning ticket for the dems if we indeed lose the house.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, alexhortdog95 said:

In states where a political party demanded that there were voter ID laws in place - and the laws were put into place - those states still had candidates that claimed there was still wide spread rigging of an election.

As far as obtaining ID, here are some statistics regarding voter ID in this country:  https://www.aclu.org/fact-sheet/oppose-voter-id-legislation-fact-sheet

Lastly - the Heritage Org, a conservative think tank, reports that there were 1,384 cases of voter fraud.

But when you look into the numbers.....

The earliest claim they track is 1982.  The latest claim is 2022.

Every federal election from 1920 to the present is located here: https://history.house.gov/Institution/Election-Statistics/

I just took number from 1982 to 1988.  In doing the math with those FOUR YEARS ALONE, there is a .000368397% occurance of voter fraud.  And that is only looking at four years (because I wasn't adding up all those darn votes).  But it's basic math - that number would get smaller and smaller.

A very liberal state requiring ID to get health insurance.    Will the ACLU be staunchly advocating to get rid of these restrictions?   Or does that only apply to voting?  According to you and the ACLU, minority groups and the impoverished won’t be able to access these benefits designed for them because they have no way of getting an ID??  But yet, somehow they are able to get one and sign up for benefits.    Hmmmmm

https://www.health.ny.gov/health_care/medicaid/publications/docs/adm/10adm-5att1doccheck.pdf

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

A very liberal state requiring ID to get health insurance.    Will the ACLU be staunchly advocating to get rid of these restrictions?   Or does that only apply to voting?

If health insurance was a constitutional right, you might be on to something here.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1
15 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

If health insurance was a constitutional right, you might be on to something here.

The argument hasn’t centered on what’s a constitutional right or not.  It was centered on minorities and underprivileged having access to get an appropriate ID.   Since you are trying to change this argument, it sounds like I am definitely on to something. 

• TBH 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

The argument hasn’t centered on what’s a constitutional right or not.  It was centered on minorities and underprivileged having access to get an appropriate ID.   Since you are trying to change this argument, it sounds like I am definitely on to something. 

yep...health care should be a right of american citizens.   thanks for bringing it up.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • TBH 1