What is the future of the Republican Party?

8 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It's interesting because ballot collection cannot actually change the results for an election. Illegally modifying ballots and such definitely can, but that's already illegal.

And that's if we believe dailysignal.com, which conveniently links to their own pages as evidence.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, alexhortdog95 said:

Just catching up here.  Say WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?

What is a "voter ID"?

:facepalm:

A state issues ID one can use to vote among other things :dunno  
The same one folks may have used to get their State bennies too?   That you said they weren’t able to get because they had to “drive 170 miles” to the closest location 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

It's interesting because ballot collection cannot actually change the results for an election. Illegally modifying ballots and such definitely can, but that's already illegal.

And that's if we believe dailysignal.com, which conveniently links to their own pages as evidence.

You don’t believe the actual cases presented that you can easily verify by looking them up :facepalm:  All because the source doesn’t fit your narrative :lol:

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You don’t believe the actual cases presented that you can easily verify by looking them up :facepalm:  All because the source doesn’t fit your narrative :lol:

Alright, I'll play along and looked into the first in that link. It's for illegally collecting and changing absentee ballots in North Carolina. Here's a link for a more details: https://www.businessinsider.com/criminal-charges-in-undecided-n-carolina-congressional-race-2019-2

The interesting part is that your link claims this:

This case and others prove that a well-funded, well-organized plot to steal an election can occur. It was stopped in this case—but the fact is that what went on in North Carolina isn’t entirely illegal in other states. Yes, outright forgery and voter intimidation are outlawed virtually everywhere. But laws that specifically allow ballot harvesting invite such practices. 

However, fails to mention that ballot collecting is already illegal in NC. From the Business Insider link:

North Carolina law makes it illegal for anyone other than the voter or a close relative to handle a mail-in ballot.

So having the very law that you want didn't actually stop illegally changing the votes. It was the election commission doing their job of analyzing the voting patterns that discovered it. Seems like that undercuts the entire idea that laws preventing ballot collecting deter such practices.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

Alright, I'll play along and looked into the first in that link. It's for illegally collecting and changing absentee ballots in North Carolina. Here's a link for a more details: https://www.businessinsider.com/criminal-charges-in-undecided-n-carolina-congressional-race-2019-2

The interesting part is that your link claims this:

However, fails to mention that ballot collecting is already illegal in NC. From the Business Insider link:

So having the very law that you want didn't actually stop illegally changing the votes. It was the election commission doing their job of analyzing the voting patterns that discovered it. Seems like that undercuts the entire idea that laws preventing ballot collecting deter such practices.

Whaaaat?  

Is your argument now that since ballot harvesting occurred, it doesn’t make sense to have laws against it since the law didn’t stop people from doing it? 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Here you go, Republicans. You can shrug your shoulders and see what happens, or you can with a full throat denounce this huckster and all his ways.

What have you learned from the past seven years? Anything?

Republicans have learned that nominating morons is their best course of action.

I mean, sure, the previous Republican President was an egotistical idiot who presided over a pandemic that killed hundreds of thousands, was a clown that made our Western allies turn away from American leadership, and who is now posting Q memes after leading an insurrection at the capital and is under investigation from numerous crimes while continuing to destabilize democracy.

And sure, the Republican President before that accidentally invaded a country and duped America into unnecessary war costing trillions of dollars while his term ended with America in the midst of a colossal financial crisis. 

Don't you worry, the rest of the country will warn them that the next idiot they nominate is a historical embarrassment. A time bomb waiting to implode. But their race-to-the-bottom will not be stopped.

• TBH 3

It’s going to be interesting to see if Republicans ever get to the point where they admit nominating, electing, supporting and defending Trump was the wrong thing to do.  

I was hoping that losing three elections in a row would have done it. But, Trump is forging ahead.  So, one of two things is going to happen. 

1) Trump wins the nomination and the majority of Americans once again show their disgust by not electing republicans.  

2) Trump loses the nomination and runs as an independent. He splits the party vote giving Dems the White House again. 

Of course, Dems have to be smart enough to nominate a reasonable candidate.  

Buckle up. It’s going to be interesting.  

10 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

A state issues ID one can use to vote among other things :dunno  
The same one folks may have used to get their State bennies too?   That you said they weren’t able to get because they had to “drive 170 miles” to the closest location 

"Voter ID" doesn't exist, and as far as I've known, it's always cost SOMETHING to get some form of government ID (that's what we call them).

And I never said anyone had to drive anywhere to get a government issued ID. 

11 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

His "narrative?" C'mon bruh....you're spouting opinion around here as if it were fact.  You posted a single link to ONE website to a secretary of state who:

• Restricted the location of ballot drop boxes
  • Prohibited non-poll workers from handing out food and drinks near voters standing in line
  • Closed a large number of polling places in minority communities
  • Cost his state the MLB All-Star game because of his support for such draconian and suppressive voter laws

And someone ELSE has a narrative?  Hell, I voted the other day in less than 10 minutes and was offered coffee, tea and juice from the freaking poll workers.

• Plus1 3

Trump is a complete moron.  I am now a Libertarian until this guy goes away.  This unfortunately means 6 feet under.  Maybe he will fall down the stairs.  Every hardcore Trump person around me has now denounced him.  I never thought I would see it, but it happened.  

I have been and still am an ABT guy.  Anybody but Trump.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1