What is the future of the Republican Party?

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, I should be able to choose if I shoot and kill you?

I guess?

I was thinking more along the lines of choosing things that don't hurt other people physically...like who you marry and gender and age.

But if you wanted to toss in a "Purge" type day, I would listen.

• TBH 1

8 hours ago, teachercd said:

I guess?

I was thinking more along the lines of choosing things that don't hurt other people physically...like who you marry and gender and age.

Sometimes I think you're punking the board out of boredom and irreverence, and I can get behind that. 

Other times I have no idea what you're trying to say or why. Those have been happening a lot more lately. 

• TBH 2
9 hours ago, teachercd said:

I guess?

If your a dude and want to now say you are a girl because you feel like one inside, I agree that you should be able to pick your age if your body feels like an older person.   Seems fair and equitable.  

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

If your a dude and want to now say you are a girl because you feel like one inside, I agree that you should be able to pick your age if your body feels like an older person.   Seems fair and equitable.  

Exactly!  

100% agree. 

If we assume that people change their gender for the right reasons (which they clearly do) then we have to assume people would change their age for the right reasons.  If you don't assume that, you have no become part of the problem.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
6 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I honestly can't tell if you're just trolling or really believe this.

Trust your instinct.

5 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Sometimes I think you're punking the board out of boredom and irreverence, and I can get behind that. 

Other times I have no idea what you're trying to say or why. Those have been happening a lot more lately. 

Those are the same thing :lol:

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

Exactly!  

100% agree. 

If we assume that people change their gender for the right reasons (which they clearly do) then we have to assume people would change their age for the right reasons.  If you don't assume that, you have no become part of the problem.

You're making the mistake of thinking that gender is the same as biological sex. Oxford definition:

the male sex or the female sex, especially when considered with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones, or one of a range of other identities that do not correspond to established ideas of male and female.

Gender is how people view masculinity, femininity, or other, so an individual can choose to view them self differently than how culture or society views them or male or female roles and behaviors. It's about self-image - similar to a person viewing them self as brave, smart, athletic, etc.

We also have the technology to change a person's biological sex, but that's different than their gender.

Your age is defined by the number of years you've been alive (aka years since your birth); it's not something that you can choose. You can however choose how old you think of yourself, but it doesn't change your age. Just as viewing yourself as male or female doesn't change your sexual organs. If we invent a time machine, then maybe we'd have the technology to change your age depending on how the time machine worked exactly. Or if we invent ways to stop aging then equivalent biological age and years you've been alive would be different.

• Thanks 2
20 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

You're making the mistake of thinking that gender is the same as biological sex. Oxford definition:

Gender is how people view masculinity, femininity, or other, so an individual can choose to view them self differently than how culture or society views them or male or female roles and behaviors. It's about self-image - similar to a person viewing them self as brave, smart, athletic, etc.

We also have the technology to change a person's biological sex, but that's different than their gender.

Your age is defined by the number of years you've been alive (aka years since your birth); it's not something that you can choose. You can however choose how old you think of yourself, but it doesn't change your age. Just as viewing yourself as male or female doesn't change your sexual organs. If we invent a time machine, then maybe we'd have the technology to change your age depending on how the time machine worked exactly. Or if we invent ways to stop aging then equivalent biological age and years you've been alive would be different.

I saw the documentary "Back to the Future" and even while going back in time, the subject stayed his same age.

• Haha 1